• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Roar!!!! Up 1-0, 40 minutes into the match thanks to Damien Mori... anyone see it (only going by A-League site live-updates)

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
Roar!!!! Up 1-0, 40 minutes into the match thanks to Damien Mori... anyone see it (only going by A-League site live-updates)
It was a good goal.....maybe offside....

But the Roar win it in the end, 2-1 with a last gasp goal from Vidosic!

Keeps their season alive!

Johnners

**** YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vidosic you gun :cool: :cool: :cool:

Heres to favourable results for the remaining games :cool: :cool: :) :)

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
**** YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vidosic you gun :cool: :cool: :cool:

Heres to favourable results for the remaining games :cool: :cool: :) :)
Vidosic has been great for the Roar in the last few games.....

The Roar still need a win against Sydney next week, IIRC.

Cloete

International Captain
Yesssssssss!!!!!!!! **** Yesssssssss!!! Vidosic You ****ing Hero!!! What A ****ing Great Win!!!!! Come On Roar!!

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
28,937 is a great crowd for Melbourne considering they were up against 80,000 at the cricket, and leading into the finals, the game is only a dead rubber for the Victory.

Craig

World Traveller
Great win for Queensland.

If Rikki Herbery stays on, would that be enough to justify to keep New Zealand in the A-League since they have beat the likes of Sydney and could avoid the wooden spoon.

But football like anyother sport in New Zealand will always be about 5th choice behind rugby so it will be hard marketing wise.

I guess it would rank in NZ like this:

1-Rugby
2-Rugby
3-Rugby
4-Rugby
5-Cricket and so forth

Matteh

Reckon they've done better this time than last time, but they're always going to struggle unless they can,
a) Sign an absolutely gun marquee player
b) Promote it better (which is a catch 22, when a team does badly less people go to the games)
c) I reckon a few 'home' games in a neutral stadium in a part of Australia which has no easy access to a team could potentially increase their chances of bringing in more interest in the club. Clearly very risky, but potentially could work out.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
If Rikki Herbery can get some All Whites over they have a future IMO, there biggest problem is that they can't get top Kiwis to play for them.

Also there only three points off Perth Glory, so they can still avoid the wooden spoon.

Craig

World Traveller
Fair enough getting the likes of the those in play in the lower divisons in England or Scotland, but he will be up against it getting the likes of Ryan Nelsen etc. to come back.

Johnners

Adelaide have moved to 2nd on the A-League ladder after an 86th minute goal to Fernando gave them a 1-0 win over Sydney.

Currently 1-1 between Glory & The Jets, i'm queitly hoping Perth can pull off a win, which in turn would mean Newcastle HAS to win against Melbourne next week to have any chance of making the finals.

EDIT: HARNWELL!!!!!! Proving he can score goals better than he can throw a right, puts Perth up 2-1

EDIT x 2: MAGDIC!!!!!!! Another Glory Goal, 2 in 3 minutes and Perth are up 3-1 :D:D

Last edited:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Amazing for Newcastle to come back and draw 3-3, hopefully the Roar wont make the finals now... go Sydney next week!

Johnners

Joel Griffiths ****

Meh, Melbourne will thrash Newcastle on Friday, thus ending the little hope they had of playing, then the Roar will follow it up with a similar thrashing of an obviously inferior Sydney team :)

Cloete

International Captain
Joel Griffiths ****

Meh, Melbourne will thrash Newcastle on Friday, thus ending the little hope they had of playing, then the Roar will follow it up with a similar thrashing of an obviously inferior Sydney team :)
Agreed. You gonna be going to that?

I can't make it! :@

Hopimg like all hell we make the finals so I can see them in action again this season! If Adelaide lose to CCM and we beat Sydney 2nd is ours :D

Johnners

Agreed. You gonna be going to that?

I can't make it! :@

Hopimg like all hell we make the finals so I can see them in action again this season! If Adelaide lose to CCM and we beat Sydney 2nd is ours :D
Nah can't go either :(

Was wanting to go, as i'd be in Brisbane that day, and i'd never been to a Roar match before, but have some engagement party to go to 8-).

But i'll be trying my hardest to get to the game once we get 2nd Place, and a Home Final :cool: :) :) :) :)

The Foxtrot

U19 12th Man
im going to ther roar match....

gonna be some great fun, especially cause we practically have a finals berth, i mean who would bet on Newcastle beating Melbourne.

have fun at the engagement party...