• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
The winner and minor premiers (or runners up if winners are minor premiers) of this years A-League will gain entry into the Asian Football Confederation Champions League at the expense of one Thailand and one Vietnam club.

Just thought you guys would be interested.
It would have been better if they made it 32 teams and kept two teams Thailand and Vietnam. But we are part of South East Asia and the current South East Asians sides have struggled in the ACL in generally so it wasn't that surprising. This is probably the first stage in us completely taking over ASEAN region, bring on the Tiger Cup.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty disappointing news today with Tony Popovic choosing to move to Qatar instead of the A-League. How this isn't a sign of things to come and the FFA do something about this.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
chaminda_00 said:
Pretty disappointing news today with Tony Popovic choosing to move to Qatar instead of the A-League. How this isn't a sign of things to come and the FFA do something about this.

Short of getting an oil-rich Arab to prop the league up financially I don't think there's much they can do.

BTW, I presume the Scot Gemmill at NZ kinghts is Archie's son? Ex of Forest, Everton & Leicester? If so that puts them in the lead in the "players I've actually heard of" table with 4.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BoyBrumby said:
BTW, I presume the Scot Gemmill at NZ kinghts is Archie's son? Ex of Forest, Everton & Leicester? If so that puts them in the lead in the "players I've actually heard of" table with 4.
Saw that the other day and i'm pretty sure it is :)

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I have to admit to managing Perth Glory in my current FM game (chosen for small league = quick game)

Not got many of their players any more though, sold them as they're rubbish!

ash chaulk

International Captain
marc71178 said:
I have to admit to managing Perth Glory in my current FM game (chosen for small league = quick game)

booo

you must still have

- Petcovich GK Despotovski SC Harnwell CD????

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:

How are you going?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Petkovic is now my reserve keeper (occasional starter owing to stupid non-Australian rules in Asian competitions)
Harnwell is my skipper.

Colosimo is still there, played him at sweeper first year, but now in the holding midfield role.

My wingers are still orignal, but can't remember their names!

Not doing too bad - second season I won both League competitions and am into the quarter finals of the Asian Cup, just very hard to buy good Australians (I guess that mirrors real life though!)