Page 11 of 132 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 1969
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Socceroos and Australian Football

  1. #151
    International Debutant thewizard1o1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Here, There, Everywhere.
    Posts
    2,173
    Not A-League, but does anyone know whats happening with Michael Thwaite? Just wondering if he was playing for the Polish side yet or not?

  2. #152
    International Captain ash chaulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Perth. WA
    Posts
    6,649
    He has signed a contract to join Polish team Wisła Kraków on a Bosman transfer when his contract with the Romanian side finishes in June 2006


    so i guess he has
    CW Black - The best team in the ComP

    Proudly supporting:
    • Wasim Ranamadruta
      Ahkeep Myteefina Jahbesidabed
      Ramatunga Downathroata



    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    So ash chaulk is the first ever AFL Last Man Standing.

  3. #153
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    How much does it cost to go to the A-League at Aussie Stadium?

    Strongly considering going down to watch the Roar play Sydney FC on November 24. It is either that on October 8, and I want to go to Sydney this year and I have never actually been there (airport does not count).
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

    Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

  4. #154
    Cricketer Of The Year Burpey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    7,584
    Anywhere between $20 and $35 if I remember correctly. It depends where you sit and whethervyou buy them beforehand or on the day.


  5. #155
    International Captain Cloete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Suncorp Stadium
    Posts
    7,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    How much does it cost to go to the A-League at Aussie Stadium?

    Strongly considering going down to watch the Roar play Sydney FC on November 24. It is either that on October 8, and I want to go to Sydney this year and I have never actually been there (airport does not count).
    October 7 is Aus v Paraguy at Suncorp, so don't go then.
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

    Blacks ftw

  6. #156
    Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Murali CG
    Posts
    16,305
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    How much does it cost to go to the A-League at Aussie Stadium?

    Strongly considering going down to watch the Roar play Sydney FC on November 24. It is either that on October 8, and I want to go to Sydney this year and I have never actually been there (airport does not count).
    It cost me $12.50, but i got no idea why it was so cheap, maybe the prices are down this season.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

    Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

    RIP WCC and CW Cricket

    Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

  7. #157
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloete
    October 7 is Aus v Paraguy at Suncorp, so don't go then.
    I was think Nov 24 is the best date, as it will be a Friday night, where as on Oct 8 is on a Sunday and that will mean after the game I will have to go to the airport and fly home again and go to work the next day.

    No thanks.

  8. #158
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    45,131
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00
    It cost me $12.50, but i got no idea why it was so cheap, maybe the prices are down this season.
    That's really good value actually. Costs me 10 to go to see Cambridge City who're in the Conference South (5 divisions below Prem).
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

    - As featured in The Independent.

    "as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

  9. #159
    U19 Captain Great Birtannia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by thewizard1o1
    Not A-League, but does anyone know whats happening with Michael Thwaite? Just wondering if he was playing for the Polish side yet or not?
    When I was following the UEFA cup the other night he wasn't in Wisla Krakow's squad but he has definitely moved there and was playing in the pre-season matches. It will take a while to get up to match fitness when you haven't played competitively for 9 months, those Romanians sure can be vindictive.

    Hopefully he kicks on as he is one of the better defensive prospects around with Beauchamp, Milligan and Leijer.

  10. #160
    Hall of Fame Member Jamee999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Leicestershire, UK
    Posts
    15,094
    Romania rocks.
    Or something.

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

  11. #161
    International Debutant thewizard1o1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Here, There, Everywhere.
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Birtannia
    When I was following the UEFA cup the other night he wasn't in Wisla Krakow's squad but he has definitely moved there and was playing in the pre-season matches. It will take a while to get up to match fitness when you haven't played competitively for 9 months, those Romanians sure can be vindictive.

    Hopefully he kicks on as he is one of the better defensive prospects around with Beauchamp, Milligan and Leijer.
    Aparently the Romanians won't release his papers as they still consider him their player . UEFA to make a ruleing this week...

  12. #162
    International Captain ash chaulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Perth. WA
    Posts
    6,649
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby
    That's really good value actually. Costs me 10 to go to see Cambridge City who're in the Conference South (5 divisions below Prem).
    it was 10 pound for me last year to watch oxford play in div3

  13. #163
    World Traveller Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Super Happy Fun Sugar Lollipop Land!
    Posts
    34,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Birtannia
    When I was following the UEFA cup the other night he wasn't in Wisla Krakow's squad but he has definitely moved there and was playing in the pre-season matches. It will take a while to get up to match fitness when you haven't played competitively for 9 months, those Romanians sure can be vindictive.

    Hopefully he kicks on as he is one of the better defensive prospects around with Beauchamp, Milligan and Leijer.
    Didn't he get banished to the Romianian 3rd division in January? And but that I mean I don't think he had a say in the matter.

    Wish they had thatin England for example, so if Ashley Cole or any other player is being naughty or trying to tap up a move to another club they can get banished to the Ryman Premier for example

  14. #164
    U19 Captain Great Birtannia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    687
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Didn't he get banished to the Romianian 3rd division in January? And but that I mean I don't think he had a say in the matter.
    Not too mention 6am training starts on their outside facilities in the middle of the Romanian winter

  15. #165
    International Debutant thewizard1o1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Here, There, Everywhere.
    Posts
    2,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    Didn't he get banished to the Romianian 3rd division in January? And but that I mean I don't think he had a say in the matter.

    Wish they had thatin England for example, so if Ashley Cole or any other player is being naughty or trying to tap up a move to another club they can get banished to the Ryman Premier for example
    When he wasn't going to resign to that team, they turned around and tried to sell him to another Romanian side, after he had already sign a bosman contract with Wisla. Kudos to him for not giving in to the bulling imo

Page 11 of 132 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WC Qualifier tonight
    By supereddi08 in forum General Sports Forum
    Replies: 288
    Last Post: 20-11-2005, 07:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •