• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
SO

When the A-League was starting up, I went to a Sydney vs Adelaide game, however I bought my ticket lateish, and ended up sitting with some Adelaide fans. I got on really well with them, and found myself cheering for the Reds by the end of the game.

Came home, and my mates asked "So do you go for Sydney now?" and I say "...actually, I think I'll go for Adelaide" and proceed to get stuff thrown at me.

I know the A-League is well behind the European Leagues and such, but I love it. At the end of every away game, the Reds (including Amor) come to the away supporters and shake all our hands and pose for photos and whatnot. I find it pretty humbling and unique.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The A League is a really good domestic competition on the context of a four-code country. It's done really well IMO and found its place in the sporting market.

It's only going to grow, too. The fans are tribal and there are already some good rivalries going on. I've really enjoyed it since it kicked off.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I DON'T CARE IF NO-ONE ELSE HERE LIKES THE A-LEAGUE

Flipping amazing game last night. Atmosphere was incredible, and that late goal was immense. It's been a rough season so far, but that only made the win even sweeter. Best day since the Final.

Looking forward to watching the Sydney Derby tomorrow night too.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
The Jets are lucky they don't get huge crowds. Add another thousand to the Squadron and that crush would have killed quite a few people.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
As was the Sydney Derby. Not an ANZ fan, but that atmosphere was something else.
Yeah only saw it on TV but it was really good. Problem with the stadium is you need 40k minimum or it feels empty and the damn thing is not optimized for rectangular sports.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Banning 14 of them is a start.

I really like the WSW active support, just a shame there's a vocal minority who are deadbeat thugs.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Banning 14 of them is a start.

I really like the WSW active support, just a shame there's a vocal minority who are deadbeat thugs.
I dunno, seems like the other clubs are able to have active fanbases without constantly pulling crap like the RBB do.

I remember going to a few of the community meetings when the Wanderers were being setup. Met a number of guys who were keen to setup more of a fanatic type fanbase so I'm not surprised they keep having these problems. I'm not even really sure how they solve it other than consistently banning people and apologising to the community/sponsors when there's a controversy.