• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Socceroos and Australian Football

anil1405

International Captain
It indeed was an emotional moment and fantastic response from the AAMI crowd both before the start of the game and during the 63rd minute. Great gesture Nate. Had a tear in my eye watching it on television from India.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I hope it helped, in some, any way. It takes everyone to make it happen, so let's keep working together.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
2-2 draw away to the world champions will no doubt see the Australia's world ranking drop to 140.

Nice goal by Mike Jedinak.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
2 premierships were stripped and then played the rest of that season unable to score competition points

ripper868

International Coach
So. How about them Matildas.

Watched the game as it was timezone friendly (6pm on a Sunday) fully expecting Brazil to romp away with a 3/4-0 victoryt and our girls to maybe get a consolation goal. Fair to say ot was a great match, with good skill. Thought the Brazillians were a bit aimless and impatient with their shot selection, Australia looked to match them though and at times were just ot enthusing the Brazillians. Actually yelled at the TV when Simon scored similar to when Cahill knocked in that volley last year. The lack of diving and ref abuse was nice as well (it was still there, just nowhere near the level of a men's match)

Anyway, enough rambling, great win for the girls.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I do wonder where Ange sits in terms of the best football managers. Is it wrong of me to think he's probably better than BR?

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I certainly hope the A-League gets some more exposure with the revamp. The football has been pretty damn good.

Redbacks

International Captain
That's Amor-e.

It's been an amazing turn around since the opening 8 rounds. Hope we can finally win the league this year.