• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2006/07 Premier League Fantasy Comp

Craig

World Traveller
Yeah he is versitile.

He was voted as the best player outside of the Premiership in FFT magazine this year, so he must have some ability.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig said:
Yeah he is versitile.

He was voted as the best player outside of the Premiership in FFT magazine this year, so he must have some ability.
I thought Tonge was generally considered better? *shrug*

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
Yeah he is versitile.

That was a farcical list though - I think about half of these so called great players weren't even in the Championship.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The list was a bit of a farce - but don't discount players from outside the Championship. The one from the 04-05 season had Iain Hume and Ryan Taylor in there, both from my beloved Whites, and anyone who has seen either play is surely aware that they are magnificent players. Most players from League 1&2 on that lsit would be young, and obviously destined for very good things at the very least. On the other hand, any journeymen, or players over 25/26 from below the Championnship on the list would be a puzzler.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
GeraintIsMyHero said:
The list was a bit of a farce - but don't discount players from outside the Championship. The one from the 04-05 season had Iain Hume and Ryan Taylor in there, both from my beloved Whites, and anyone who has seen either play is surely aware that they are magnificent players. Most players from League 1&2 on that lsit would be young, and obviously destined for very good things at the very least. On the other hand, any journeymen, or players over 25/26 from below the Championnship on the list would be a puzzler.
Was Fat Lee in it? Def a farce if so. Billy big biscuits @ The Swans & constantly harping on (in his high pitched scouse whine) about how he's never got a chance in The Prem. It's obvious why Lee; three words: eat less pie!

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Just entered Boulevard Bombers. The kit resembles that of Man Utd.

GK: Van Der Sar, James

DF: Chimbonda, Terry, Taylor, Neill, Gray

MF: Gerrard, Nolan, Osman, O'Neil, Neville

ATT: Rooney, Davies, Zamora

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
BoyBrumby said:
Was Fat Lee in it? Def a farce if so. Billy big biscuits @ The Swans & constantly harping on (in his high pitched scouse whine) about how he's never got a chance in The Prem. It's obvious why Lee; three words: eat less pie!
Lee the Rapist was indeed in there. And he's also never scored against Tranmere. :)

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
That was a farcical list though - I think about half of these so called great players weren't even in the Championship.
So it has as much as creditibility as the last two season's of Serie A?

Is any good though?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Not particularly accurate really.

When players getting 17-18 goals from left wing in the Championship are left out, you know it's more to do with the publicity machine around certain others (ie the bigger clubs players and Lee Trundle)

PY

International Coach
I'm in.

Looking to prop the league up. :D

GK: Robinson, Niemi

DEF: Terry, Knight, Bridge, Lauren, Ian Pearce :laugh:

MID: Gerrard, Lampard, Giannakopoulos, O'Shea, Rommedahl

ATT: Saha, Ashton, Sheringham

cricketboy29

International Regular
is the thing we put in, in the username field? Because im pretty sure I sgned up with my CW forum name, but it doesnt seem to be accepting it for some reason. And when I go to lost password, it says password unknown.

cpr

International Coach
Got a team in another league, might aswell go for Duel Relegation. Hail the Barrel Scrapers!!!

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
finally sorted out my team this time round just before the first game, hopefully should be able to repeat last seasons mid table performance without too many problems.