Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Official Tri-Nations thread

I was going to watch the second half, but popped out to the lounge and noticed the half time score. I didn't see the point in watching after that.

The Boks backline is so close to a joke, it's not funny. Jaco VDW isn't a 10's backside, while White's persistence in ignoring Luke Watson is just one of his baffling selections.

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltman
    I was going to watch the second half, but popped out to the lounge and noticed the half time score. I didn't see the point in watching after that.

The Boks backline is so close to a joke, it's not funny. Jaco VDW isn't a 10's backside, while White's persistence in ignoring Luke Watson is just one of his baffling selections.
    Admittedly Jaco had an absolute Barry Crocker yesterday, but he is a talented ball player. He impressed me no end playing for Leicester in the season he had there. Not test Rugby, I know, but SA have def played worse stand-offs in living memory. Was it Louis Coen who played against us in the 2003 WC? Now he really was a jackass.

I think JVDW is probably really a full-back or 2nd 5/8th played out of position for mine tho.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy
    New Zealand for me, kicks off at 8.30 am UK time so hopefully the gym will have it on.

I backed South Africa to win the trophy a couple of months back, got pretty good odds. So up the Springboks though their recent performances against Scotland and France were pretty deplorable and I believe both Jean de Villiers and Bakkies Botha are both out injured, so not good signs.

School Boy/Girl Captain
    Graham Henry has made eight changes to his starting XV to take on South Africa in their second Philips Tri Nations rugby clash in Wellington on Saturday night.

NEW ZEALAND: 15 Leon MacDonald, 14 Doug Howlett, 13 Mils Muliaina, 12 Sam Tuitupou, 11 Scott Hamilton, 10 Dan Carter, 9 Piri Weepu; 8 Rodney So'oialo, 7 Richie McCaw (c), 6 Reuben Thorne, 5 Ali Williams, 4 Chris Jack, 3 Carl Hayman, 2 Anton Oliver, 1 Neemia Tialata. Reserves: 16 Andrew Hore, 17 Greg Somerville, 18 Greg Rawlinson, 19 Chris Masoe, 20 Jimmy Cowan; 22 Luke McAlister.

South Africa have made five changes to their starting lineup to face the All Blacks in Wellington on Saturday night but Springboks coach Jake White denies he's hitting the panic button.

SOUTH AFRICA: 15 Percy Montgomery, 14 Akona Ndungane, 13 Jaque Fourie, 12 Wynand Olivier, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Butch James/Meyer Bosman, 9 Fourie du Preez; 8 Jacques Cronje, 7 Juan Smith, 6 Solly Tyibilika, 5 Victor Matfield, 4 Albert van den Berg, 3 CJ van der Linde, 2 John Smit (c), 1 Os du Randt. Reserves: 16 Danie Coetzee, 17 Eddie Andrews, 18 Johann Muller, 19 Joe van Niekerk, 20 Enrico Januarie, 21 James/Bosman, 22 Breyton Paulse/JP Pietersen

Replacing your scrum-half & 5/8th after a 49-0 drubbing looks llike something not unlike panic.

And The ABs are now clearly the Harlem Globetrotters of Union; playing Reuben Thorne must be the equivalent of spinning the ball on your finger!

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    I reakon the All Blacks will win by 40 points, Springboks will be much improved, but the Blacks are far better then the Wallabies at the moment
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Actually, BB, Thorne had an oustanding Super 14 and deserves his recall.

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by LongHopCassidy
    For a sport that has at least four cricketing nations heavily invested in it, this thread has been remarkably quiet.
    Yawnion.

Quote Originally Posted by steds
    Yawnion.
    Look at the poor little "stop, drop and roll" fan with the inferiority complex.

If the expanded Tri Nations is going to work, the match this weekend really needs to be competitive. I’m getting a bit tired of us playing Australia and South Africa year in, year out…..

Quote Originally Posted by James
    If the expanded Tri Nations is going to work, the match this weekend really needs to be competitive. Iím getting a bit tired of us playing Australia and South Africa year in, year outÖ..
    Seemed madness at the time not to include Argentina in an expanded tournament. The trouble is I think telly rights are sold in sizeable blocks of years so it'll be at least until the end of the current deal before they can be included.

Although from what I've read on Rugger sites yer Saffies cause isn't helped by some "transformation" (AKA quota) selections. Solly Tyibilika plays on Sat & he wasn't even a regular for his Super 14 team.

State Vice-Captain ohtani's jacket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by James
    If the expanded Tri Nations is going to work, the match this weekend really needs to be competitive. Iím getting a bit tired of us playing Australia and South Africa year in, year outÖ..
    Marshie! Is that you?

Honestly, after the 1 all split with South Africa last year and all those 1-1 splits with Australia for the Bledisloe an expanded Tri-Nations is the better format... The home sides have held serve -- this happens every year -- are you telling me you're not interested in New Zealand playing at Brisbane or in South Africa??

Argentina should've been in the Six Nations instead of Italy.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    I must say that I prefer the Bledisloe cup being best of three.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ohtani's jacket
    Marshie! Is that you?

Honestly, after the 1 all split with South Africa last year and all those 1-1 splits with Australia for the Bledisloe an expanded Tri-Nations is the better format... The home sides have held serve -- this happens every year -- are you telling me you're not interested in New Zealand playing at Brisbane or in South Africa??

Argentina should've been in the Six Nations instead of Italy.
    Trouble is, their winter is our summer.

Doesn't really make too much difference when most of their players are in the Northern Hemisphere anyway. Only three games would be in Argentina.

Personally, my preference would be a biennial Tri-Nations. This once-yearly event is overkill. Of course, this will never happen though when Sanzar have already provided Newscorp with a certain number of games - Rupert isn't going to let them drop some off the fixtures list.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information