• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super International Cricket - Name Your XI

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's right folks. The game - the institution.

The amount of hours i've spent on this game is ridiculous, and if i didn't love it so much, I'd say it was embarrassing.

But here we go.

The Australian XI:

R. Connor* - Captain of the team, quick as a flash and strong all around the wicket.
G. Ireland - The left handed Ireland truly is the complete package. Quick around the wickets, hard hitter and handy left arm seaming option.
J. Haliday - This man oozes class, the left hander has a hunger for quick runs.
C. Dixon - Along with his twin brother, Borg, he's a nuggety cricketer and takes runs anyway he can get them.
D. Borg - Affectionately dubbed the 'Rogue Twin' by his team mates after changing his last name, Borg is a fan favourite, winning hearts and test matches all over the globe.
B. Aitken - Cult hero to the masses, big hitter and part-time boiler maker, Aitken fought his way back into the team with a stunning domestic season.
C. Webb - A genuine all-rounder who offers plenty with the bat and ball. His tour of Pakistan was over shadowed with his long-running feud with Pakistani captain G. Asif.
T. Du+ - A war-horse who can bat well with the tail or top order. Technically sound keeper.
S. Scott - Raw, fiery fast bowler whose tour of South Africa yielded plenty of wickets.
W. Simmons - The ultimate wrist spinner. Had the Indians in a spin on the last tour, and who could forget that Ashes series?
M. Trinh - The line and length bowler of the team and the ultimate professional. His experience is only second to his wicket taking ability.

12th Man: J. Visk - Project player. Young fast bowler who is apart of the 'big picture' for Australian cricket.​

Cloete

International Captain
Haliday... what a player. Scored many a run with his sheer left handed brilliance. His hooks were devastating.

Mr Casson

Cricketer Of The Year
I remember some of the names were based on the developers.

Who doesn't remember B. Aitken? Slowpoke across the turf, but Boonesque in his strokeplay.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
A. Milgrom - couldn't run between the wickets so he just hit boundaries all day. That's what the crowds come to see.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
A. Milgrom - couldn't run between the wickets so he just hit boundaries all day. That's what the crowds come to see.
Molgrom is a poor man's Lacey.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Yes. Best thing weetbix ever did, having that game come with it. Wish my copy would work in XP.
Same here. Mine was found in the drive when my family bought its first PC (with 8MB RAM!). Running between the wickets was always really dodgy, with the faintest tug on the mouse resulting in running, so I just bashed boundaries instead.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
M. Gandhi.

Yes he was as good as the great man myself, the white allrounder for the Indian team.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Just wondering if it is possible to hit a six on this game? Just recently installed this on my work PC, everything is in order but because it is a rom, the controls have no specific meaning to me. A,S,D,F are all shots you can play, D is a forward defensive and the rest are seemingly all the same shot, neither seem to produce a shot worthy of even getting down to the boundary let along clearing it. Even if you press left and S to say play a leg glance the guy batting (Botha) seemingly thinks it is possible to square cut a ball which is heading on to leg stump. Anyone have a clear idea what the batting (and bowling) controls were and there use, so I can reconfigure my keyboard accordingly?

Other than that mute point, very enjoyable game, manual appealing is a great little feature and at least the computer runs on this game (unlike Brian Lara 2005) and bowling is pretty straightforward

Langeveldt

Soutie
Brilliant, this thread is absolute class..

G.Vanderlinden - if I remember correctly a hick-esque allrounder, had a penchant for getting the big guns out with his well delivered twirlers..

Fourth from the bottom doing his Chuck Norris impersonation

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
B. Aitken*
N. Power
N. Valeri
J. Haliday
R. Connor
D. Borg
C. Nixon
G. Ireland
T. Du+
M. Parker
J. Visk

As I play it on an emulator on my laptop, choose the strongest batting line-up available and then save it at the toss, to make sure that I'm batting. Don't save for the rest of the game though.

I like to put all the slow guys in first, and have them slog so that the field is spread. Then use the faster guys for the rest of the innings to turn cheeky singles into easy threes.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
TT Boy said:
Just wondering if it is possible to hit a six on this game? Just recently installed this on my work PC, everything is in order but because it is a rom, the controls have no specific meaning to me. A,S,D,F are all shots you can play, D is a forward defensive and the rest are seemingly all the same shot, neither seem to produce a shot worthy of even getting down to the boundary let along clearing it. Even if you press left and S to say play a leg glance the guy batting (Botha) seemingly thinks it is possible to square cut a ball which is heading on to leg stump. Anyone have a clear idea what the batting (and bowling) controls were and there use, so I can reconfigure my keyboard accordingly?

Other than that mute point, very enjoyable game, manual appealing is a great little feature and at least the computer runs on this game (unlike Brian Lara 2005) and bowling is pretty straightforward
Hmmm, are you playing the Super Nintendo rom-version?