• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super International Cricket - Name Your XI

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Quality innings from Bell, anchored the chase with wickets falling around him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Let's not forget Tutton either. Considering the spanking Lance got, without Tutton a chase of 70-80 could have been on the cards.

One must ask Steds though, what was with Brown only getting 1 over considering that over consisted of 2-2?

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
One must ask Steds though, what was with Brown only getting 1 over considering that over consisted of 2-2?
Tutton finished it before he could get another.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Ah fair enough.

Disappointed with Lance. I stick my neck out and sing his praises on this board, and he gives a performance like that.

jazzmacia

Cricket Spectator
This is off the subject at hand but I need you guys help. I have a lot of cricket memorabilia that I want to sell. wickets = Australia, England, Pakiston world series winnings that my father kept. How do I go about auctioning them off?

jazzmacia

Cricket Spectator
I have a lot's of cricket authographs, original photographs and many more memorabilia that I need help auctioning off or selling. Thanks.....

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
Disappointed with Lance. I stick my neck out and sing his praises on this board, and he gives a performance like that.
Struggled to adjust his line and length for South Africa's left handed openers and paid for it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hate to be one of those guys that bumps old threads, but I was searching through Google to try and get a picture of M Gandhi from Super International Cricket, and I got linked to this thread.

I honestly thing its one of the greatest threads CW has ever seen.

While we're talking about the game, did anyone ever find out the reason why randomly some bowlers would have awesome batting points?

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
While we're talking about the game, did anyone ever find out the reason why randomly some bowlers would have awesome batting points?
J Kamen from NZ is one of these bowlers. Best all-rounder since Sobers it would seem...

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
TBH, I think it was just a game glitch. When you play as these guys in Medium or Hard, they hit the ball like a tailender does anyway.

And yes, one of the greatest threads ever.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
World XI

1. R Connor - so quick between wickets, and well accustomed to opening the batting.
2. D Bremner - not a natural opener, but too classy to leave out of this outfit. Is the rock central to New Zealand's hopes everytime he heads out to bat.
3. G Asif - a somewhat controversial selection for the number three positioin, but has matured greatly recently. Lovely off his pads, and is very good square of the wicket. Has matured greatly in recent times, and batting him at three gives the next batsman his preferred position.
4. G Allen - What more needs to be said? His blazing back foot cover drives genuinely intimidate bowlers, while his running between wickets and legside play can never be underestimated. Personally view him as the best player in the world.
5. M Singh - Indian youngster verging on greatness. Brings enthusiasm to a side too willing to rely on boundaries. Masterful player of spin, as to be expected, and has a high quality back foot game against the quicks to go with it.
6. C Dixon (*)- Great fourth option with the ball, and brings steely determination with the bat. Not as stylish as his twin, but gets the job done thorougly, with a ruthless streak.
7. J Bell (+) - Good pair of hands, but easily the best batsman of all the glovemen in the game. Had a lot of responsibility for England, batting so high in the order, and usually carried it with aplomb.
8. S Abdul - Pakistani paceman capable of real movement. Loves to drag the batsman across the crease with a few away swingers, before unleashing a big inswinging yorker.
9. K Botcher - Quick, lean, tall, intimidating. Wears a smile and a floppy, but the only thing that'll be floppy during his spell is your body after he hits you in the head. Leader of the best attack in world cricket.
10. S Scott - look, you can throw him the ball anytime, anywhere and you know that he'll give you his all. Tries his **** out.
11. M Karpal - can't hold a bat to save his life, but by jeez he can give it a rip. Gets amazing revs on the ball, and takes advantage of any pitch with a bit of help. Gets enough dip to be threatening anywhere, anytime.

Gave Dixon captaincy for his hard nosed attitude towards the game, and ability to instil that in his teammates.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
For some reason I use to love using England.

G. Anders was a gun batsmen, although he was slow between the wickets.

Didn't mind a bit of Collier and Bean action too.