• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super International Cricket - Name Your XI

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Running it emulated doesn't seem the same. my gf bought a Super nintendo last year cheap and so I picked up the game for about $5 to relive some old memories. The only way to go.

A slightly more recent game, perhaps not as legendary as SIC but great fun anyway: Shane Warne '99. The hours I spent playing that...oh my.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Ah. Just got rolled by England so decided to reconfigure the controllers and now I'll have to configure back. I still miss Cricket 96.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
My Super Nintendo lives at my grandmother's for some unknown. My cousins and I still play a few good rounds of Street Fighter II every now and again.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
vic_orthdox said:
Meh, slips are overrated. Just bowl a good area outside off, and stack the off side field. Only one slip and a gully.

While I agree about the stacked off-side field, I got most of my wickets bowling with a large slip cordon. Usually 7 of the 10 wickets were slip catches...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZTailender said:
While I agree about the stacked off-side field, I got most of my wickets bowling with a large slip cordon. Usually 7 of the 10 wickets were slip catches...
i bowl bouncers and get them hooking, does the trick pretty well...

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
The computer keys that represent "A", "B", "X" and "Y" on the Super Nintendo controller.

For me, it was (with a right hand batsman):

X = off side
C = straight
D = leg side
S = block

Didn't have to press direction key as I hit.
Cheers, thanks for clearing that up guys.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dasa said:
V. Krishna was better.
Blasphemy. Krishna doesn't even make my best XI, I always drop him and bring in the allrounders (Gupte, Pille and Gandhi) :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
vic_orthdox said:
Meh, slips are overrated. Just bowl a good area outside off, and stack the off side field. Only one slip and a gully.
That's soft cricket.

Pack the slips and back your bowler :p

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
I always just picked the quick batsman. Pretend to run, they throw the stumps down and you can sneak an overthrow or two.

The SNES is still in the shed. I pulled it out the other month and was having a bash on it. Super International Cricket, Super Mario Kart, Street Fighter, NBA Jam, Nigel Mansell World Championship. All the classics. I still have a Sega kicking about somewhere but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just to breathe some fire in this thread...

I reckon I could beat everyone in this thread in Super International Cricket on the SNES. My record is sublime and I've been unstoppable in the last 12 months. My only loss was a battle with my mate where I only had 3 overs to chase down what he set in his full allotted 10. I probably got a bit too big for my boots making that challenge because I had money on the line in that game.

benchmark00

Jono said:
Just to breathe some fire in this thread...

I reckon I could beat everyone in this thread in Super International Cricket on the SNES. My record is sublime and I've been unstoppable in the last 12 months. My only loss was a battle with my mate where I only had 3 overs to chase down what he set in his full allotted 10. I probably got a bit too big for my boots making that challenge because I had money on the line in that game.
I'd smoke you, just quietly. Gamer magazine voted me most likely to make 45 consecutive centuries with Trinh.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
On easy level against a struggling Sri Lanka side maybe. However any one of your batsman would struggle with M Gandhi bowling left arm around the wicket angling into your off stump.

He possesses all the attributes of Mahatma Gandhi, but he can also play cricket.

benchmark00

Jono said:
On easy level against a struggling Sri Lanka side maybe. However any one of your batsman would struggle with M Gandhi bowling left arm around the wicket angling into your off stump.

He possesses all the attributes of Mahatma Gandhi, but he can also play cricket.
R. Connor would go on an early onslaught and upset M Gandhi's usual impeccable line and length. G. Ireland would play the support role and nudge ones and twos down to a vacant third man.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How underrated is R Connor. Its amazing. Haliday, Power, Dixon and Borg usually get all the credit, and fair enough to as they are superstars of the game, but Connor will make my best XI anyday of the week.

I may find myself bored enough to make a Super International Cricket World XI tonight.

Last edited: