• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

For all Football fans here-Select the greatest ever 5 club teams:

Vote for the best 5 Football club teams of all time:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
[/QUOTE]
steds said:
No one can successfully compare eras, so don't try.
Then this whole thread is pointless

Simple thing is, United fans think that because they won the treble it makes them the best side ever. Liverpool won the treble in 84, albeit League Cup not FA Cup but that was when teams took it seriously, so it's just as good an achievement, and Liverpool had qualified for the Champions Cup by being Champions, not finishing second to a superior Arsenal side.

Tom Halsey said:
I have no problem with other teams qualifying - the competition should be about who's the best this season, not cutting teams out because they weren't as good last season.
Absolutely ludicrous, by that logic, UEFA should decide the qualifiers on the basis of who makes the best summer signings. How the hell are you supposed to decide qualification if you don't go by the season just passed?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
benchmark00 said:
You rang?
I remember when you played OXAZEPAM across two triple-word-score squares, with a high-scoring tile on the double-letter-score square in between, and using a single letter previously played on a non-premium square to score 392 and win that match against Adam Logan.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
burkey_1988 said:
I remember when you played OXAZEPAM across two triple-word-score squares, with a high-scoring tile on the double-letter-score square in between, and using a single letter previously played on a non-premium square to score 392 and win that match against Adam Logan.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
vic_orthdox said:
Hmmm, so who got the idea first? Nibbs or GeraintIsMyHero?
Nibbs, I was a mere copycat

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Porto's CL winning side there though, considering some of the great English sides that were ignored. I think Goughy was right, flame-baiting.

Craig

World Traveller
I have no respect for their goal keeper Vitor Biaia and would always cheer for whatever side that played against them.

This came from the 02/03 UEFA Cup Final when he jumped up to catch the ball, landed and rolled around on the ground pretending he was injured when he wasn't.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
i believe the title says "football"
The term "football" covers association football, rugby union football, rugby league football, Australian rules football, and maybe one or two more that I have forgotten.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
burkey_1988 said:
The term "football" covers association football, rugby union football, rugby league football, Australian rules football, and maybe one or two more that I have forgotten.
i disagree, football is the round ball game, the rest are aussie rules, league, union etc...

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
In Australia:

The Footy Show = league and Aussie rules
Friday Night Football = league and Aussie rules
Sunday Afternoon Football = league and Aussie rules

This shows it can be applied to these sports as well as soccer here.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
vic_orthdox said:
Hmmm, so who got the idea first? Nibbs or GeraintIsMyHero?
On one hand, nibbs is a visionary, a man who boldly steps into the unknown. On the other, is someone from England.

Nibbs.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Association Fotball is obviously football in the truest sense because it's played predominantly with feet. But technically Rugby Union, Rugby League, American Football, Gaelic Football, Aussie Rules, and even that game the Aussie WC squad played all class as football

8-)

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Association Fotball is obviously football in the truest sense because it's played predominantly with feet. But technically Rugby Union, Rugby League, American Football, Gaelic Football, Aussie Rules, and even that game the Aussie WC squad played all class as football

8-)
burkey_1988: 1 - broncoman: 0