• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour de France

Craig

World Traveller
At this rate Robbie McEwen might be a top 10 finisher...

Alejamdro Valverde will probably be the winner at this stage.

Sorry James but **** me.

Craig

World Traveller
Pedro Delgado said:
No idea tbh I'm clueless :)

Any chance of a French win this year? Certainly opens the door (to the riders not yet caught :()
I've always admired Thomas Voeckler.

Go Voeckler!

Craig

World Traveller
Pedro Delgado said:
Well Ullrich has been pulled from the Tour amidst Spanish drug allegations. Good start.

Here's the list so far of the alledged blood doped riders:

Astaná-Würth: Michele Scarponi, Marcos Serrano, David Etxebarria, Joseba Beloki, Angel Vicioso, Isidro Nozal, Unai Osa, Jörg Jaksche

CSC: Ivan Basso

Caisse d'Epargne-Illes Balears: Constantino Zaballa

Saunier Duval: Carlos Zarate

AG2R: Francisco Mancebo

T-Mobile: Jan Ullrich, Oscar Sevilla

Phonak: Jose Enrique Gutierrez, Jose Ignacio Gutierrez

Comunidad Valenciana: Vicente Ballester, David Bernabeu, David Blanco Rodriguez, Jose Adrian Bonillla, Juan Gomis Lopez, Eladio Jimenez, David Latasa, Javier Pascual, Ruben Plaza, J.Luis M. Jimenez

Unibet.Com: Carlos Garcia Quesada

Retired/suspended riders: Roberto Heras, Angel Casero, Santiago Perez, Tyler Hamilton

This could also see Basso out. A rum do all this.

Link.
Yeah I agree, it is about the sport was cleaned up and if it means these guys are gone then so be it.

Although does this question the creditibility of Basso's Giro win (he won by over 9 minutes :-O )?

Craig

World Traveller
thewizard1o1 said:
Go Cadel Go!

But wow! Levi and Vino would just about be top picks i guess....Landis too maybe....
Go Valverde.

I reckon if Basso is out, then Valverde will be number one tip for the overall.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Craig said:
Go Valverde.

I reckon if Basso is out, then Valverde will be number one tip for the overall.
i just don't think he can do well enough in the mountains to offset what he will lose in the TT stage. Who thought that the post Armstrong era would be this 'intersting'...:unsure:

Craig

World Traveller
Basso loses almost all of his creditibility for his Giro win for mine.

Probably be sacked now, as along with Ullrich and a lot more. But why? They have the riders, the team and management to get them to the top, also the talent, and the strength and drive to get to where they are? I mean Ullrich has spent 120,000 Euros on altitute chamber in his house for training, and yet he is stupid enough to succomb to this?

So sad IMO and this doesn't do anything from cycling from looking like a laughing stock. Still at least we will have a clean and honest winner now...

Craig

World Traveller
thewizard1o1 said:
i just don't think he can do well enough in the mountains to offset what he will lose in the TT stage. Who thought that the post Armstrong era would be this 'intersting'...:unsure:
That's a fair assessment (sic?).

Maybe we might see the return of Mayo?

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
They're under enormous pressure to keep a contract, office workers and labourers can earn more than your average domestique. The big guys should know better though, they earn enough. Trouble is if you're sure the fellow next to you is out-climbing you because of drugs it must be tempting to follow suit. I'm not defending it, but it's understandable to a certain degree.

Steulen

International Regular
Craig said:
Basso loses almost all of his creditibility for his Giro win for mine.

Probably be sacked now, as along with Ullrich and a lot more. But why? They have the riders, the team and management to get them to the top, also the talent, and the strength and drive to get to where they are? I mean Ullrich has spent 120,000 Euros on altitute chamber in his house for training, and yet he is stupid enough to succomb to this?

So sad IMO and this doesn't do anything from cycling from looking like a laughing stock. Still at least we will have a clean and honest winner now...
How naive.

This is just one doctor, with one set of athletes (allegedly there are some 150 elite sportsmen form outside cycling on the list as well). Last year we had the Belgian scandal with Museeuw and friends, next up will probably be the clique of some Italian doctor which will implicate another group of riders...this will go on and on.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
How can we have any other view than "guilty until proven otherwise"? Sad to say it but today has been the final straw for me. Sorry if that sounds melodramatic.