• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2006-07

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Brentford have drawn Swindon. Martin Allen has made a total pigs ear of this summer and has wound up at Milton Keynes Dons. Hope Rosenior will do a goos job for the bees.

My other side has had a dreadfull start to the season with a certain Mr Owen out for a long while

Matteh

Huddersfield v Mansfield

Looks like we won't be getting past Round 1....but we did beat Rotherham and Southampton in it last season somehow :)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Tom Halsey said:
(Chelsea to win everything, btw)
yep once they play to potential with all those stars they really should. They could set a new record of winning every major competition in Europe & the Champions league.

Matteh

aussie said:
They could set a new record of winning every major competition in Europe & the Champions league.
Champions League is now not considered a major European competition?

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
Apparently. Didn't know they entered the UEFA Cup too? Roman's really becoming influential now. Anyway, Chelsea to win the league maybe that is if Man Utd doesn't get a new midfielder and/or Liverpool don't score goals consistently. Arsenal may offer a challenge but I doubt it. Carling Cup to go to a midtable Premiership team and FA Cup to go to one of the top clubs. Europe's a lottery but Tottenham should do well in the UEFA Cup.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Matteh said:
Champions League is now not considered a major European competition?
I think he means that they're going to be given a bye into the European Super Cup and are also entering a team in the UEFA cup, and will win those as well.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Andres D'Alessandro reneges on his previous extension of his loan deal at Pompey and chooses to join Real Zaragoza on loan instead. :(

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
marc71178 said:
I think he means that they're going to be given a bye into the European Super Cup and are also entering a team in the UEFA cup, and will win those as well.
Well, the third XI would probably do well in the UEFA cup (the second XI being busy with reserve games... :ph34r: )

Craig

World Traveller
You know better then to believe any footballer.

I mean Michael Owen said he is not leaving Liverpool, yet the next season he is running around in a white shirt with the sponser 'SIEMENS' written across the front in Spain.

Same could be said for an over-rated England winger.

Craig

World Traveller
I was talking about David Beckham.

EDIT - that's just asking for a scathing response by SP.

If I were a new member on here and didn't know any better I would have said he was a Middlesborough fan :p :laugh:

Last edited:

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Barney Rubble said:
:tongue:

He said at one point last season that if we stayed up, he'd be staying! The git. :dry:
In defence of Andres that was before Real Zaragoza showed interest.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pedro Delgado said:
Buggers aren't they.

Southampton at home for the Rams first up.
Whatever happened to the good old days of a machine-readable fixture list?

Just took me 10 minutes to type that load into a spreadsheet.