• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official Formula One Thread - Season 2006

C_C

International Captain
Pothas said:
Schumacher proving once again that when he comes under pressure he resorts to cheating. This shows that Alonso has the measure of him.
Alonso should have the measure of Schumi by this point- so should Kimi and Montoya- Schumi is past 35, those guys are in their early/late 20s and at their peak. Drivers past 35 arnt very quick and these new guys are supposed to be the 'next big thing'.
Well in cricketing terms, if you are a Lara or Tendulkar, you should be overshadowing Viv when Viv is 36-37 and you are 24-25.

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
Matteh said:
The sheer direness of Ferrari last year meant that Alonso and Kimi had a shot at the championship - the only race Ferrari won was the farce in America. Even this year now that Ferrari have caught up, they're still not blazing ahead.
And that answers my point...how again? Look at the silly rule changes over the years.The one they hit on target was letting go of tyre changes thereby killing more interest from the sport. Stupid bridgestone came up with tyres such that ferrari didn't come to terms with it for the whole season.It would have interesting to see their improvement this season,but look! They bring tyre changes back on,as the job is done! But still Schumi managed 3rd last year and this year Renault are simply better

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
C_C said:
Alonso should have the measure of Schumi by this point- so should Kimi and Montoya- Schumi is past 35, those guys are in their early/late 20s and at their peak. Drivers past 35 arnt very quick and these new guys are supposed to be the 'next big thing'.
Well in cricketing terms, if you are a Lara or Tendulkar, you should be overshadowing Viv when Viv is 36-37 and you are 24-25.
So what are we arguing about again? Its a proven point that schumi's the best,about him being past his best I'm not sure about that. And about people being sporting and stuff nobody is.only he gets highlighted more than say a montoya or david coulthard.remember senna? But he's dead and so he's saint senna right?

C_C

International Captain
nikhil1772 said:
So what are we arguing about again? Its a proven point that schumi's the best,about him being past his best I'm not sure about that. And about people being sporting and stuff nobody is.only he gets highlighted more than say a montoya or david coulthard.remember senna? But he's dead and so he's saint senna right?
No not really.
I am not arguing about him being the greatest of his generation or not ( that is very obvious)- i am disagreeing with the idea that Schumi is sporting or that he is no different than the rest.
He's been guilty of far more dangerous and deliberate manuevers to secure the championship than any other driver in history and there are several drivers who've given up their race to help another driver in trouble ( Gilles Villenueve IIRC helped a guy out of his car with his car on fire and giving up his race). I forget which race it was ( early 80s- some track in Spain- dry dusty landscape) but i've seen the clip of Gilles Villeneuve and some other driver ( Piquet ? not sure) going wheel to wheel ( even banging wheels once) for four-five laps in the circuit towards the finish line and neither of them pulled a move that could be dangerous to his opposition. Each time Villeneuve went in the corner inside line, the other guy backed off and vice versa. I am a big fan of Schumi's driving- i think its exquisite( my favourite driver after Senna) but i am am not impressed by his conduct either. He is a driver possibly second only to Senna (and maybe Clarke) in skill and he is very determined to win- unfortunately sometimes he's too determined to win than its worth.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Matteh said:
If you read all the driver comments and then look at who is saying that it isn't deliberate (Willi Weber, Jean Todt) then it's pretty clear that it was deliberate.
Or alternatively that the rest of the paddock don't like Schumacher.

Nobody who was asked to comment was impartial.

jot1

State Vice-Captain
Matteh said:
Because until Schumacher won every race every year it was an interesting sport....
Exactly! This is all about money. When Schumie was winning everything people stopped watching F1 because they said it was boring. So F1 lost a lot of money. Since last year when Alonso started winning, interest in the sport was revived.The last few races Schumie started winning again and F1 can't afford that. He will be stopped from dominating again, any way or by any means. This is a fact. This is why all those changes were made to the rules. It was an attempt to break Schumie's domination and get people interested in the sport again so money can be made.
No one was in the car with Schumie so no one can really say what happened except Schumie. But, as usual, he is judged and found guilty just because of who he is. His words, not mine.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
nikhil1772 said:
And that answers my point...how again? Look at the silly rule changes over the years.The one they hit on target was letting go of tyre changes thereby killing more interest from the sport. Stupid bridgestone came up with tyres such that ferrari didn't come to terms with it for the whole season.It would have interesting to see their improvement this season,but look! They bring tyre changes back on,as the job is done! But still Schumi managed 3rd last year and this year Renault are simply better
Then surely it's Bridgestone's fault for ignoring the tyre changes?
It DID actually made things interesting though, what killed the interest was the lack of competition, and last season there was actually a battle for the title....

Matteh

nikhil1772 said:
Montoya and Coulthard have never deliberately forced people off the road more than twice...
And Senna effectively did the same to Prost in a championship battle, but again did he do it twice? Nope...who has? Schumi..

Matteh

jot1 said:
Exactly! This is all about money. When Schumie was winning everything people stopped watching F1 because they said it was boring. So F1 lost a lot of money. Since last year when Alonso started winning, interest in the sport was revived.The last few races Schumie started winning again and F1 can't afford that. He will be stopped from dominating again, any way or by any means. This is a fact. This is why all those changes were made to the rules. It was an attempt to break Schumie's domination and get people interested in the sport again so money can be made.
No one was in the car with Schumie so no one can really say what happened except Schumie. But, as usual, he is judged and found guilty just because of who he is. His words, not mine.
I don't not like Schumi because he won all the time....I've not liked him ever since the Australia 94 incident, and he's done something seriously questionable about every two years since...

Matteh

marc71178 said:
Or alternatively that the rest of the paddock don't like Schumacher.

Nobody who was asked to comment was impartial.
I can't think why Mark Webber has anything against him...same for Keke Rosberg, Button, Jackie Stewart, Trulli.....

Villeneuve and Montoya maybe so...

If only Schumacher hadn't dented his reputation for fairplay ten years ago eh?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
DC back on the podium!!!!
realistically he got a tad lucky with Schumi (and rightly so) being relegated to the back of the grid, rubens drive through penalty and Webber, Kimi and Trulli blowing up...

It was a shame to see Webber's race end the way it did, he was in a great position to win, but thats racing...

Matteh

biased indian said:
Kimi is unlucky this season !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To an extent yes....but i don't think McLaren are as quick in comparision to Renault as last season.

nikhil1772

State Vice-Captain
Matteh said:
And Senna effectively did the same to Prost in a championship battle, but again did he do it twice? Nope...who has? Schumi..
Almost everyone hs tried to force everyone else,off the road all the time! & Senna certainly has more than twice done it.only thing that differentiates is that MS was involved in high profile championship clashes both times,n people only remember that

Matteh

nikhil1772 said:
I've read tht already.They cud compile a similar list of debacles of all other drivers.Hell.e1 I can.But who's gonna want2read that,whn al u want2do is tear Schumi apart?
But the thing is that, actually you can't.
and has chris.hinton hacked into your account or something? :mellow: