• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pre Tri-Nations Internationals

Blaze

Banned
Ireland are a pretty good side. They really will be kicking themselves that they didn't win a test. Overall we were the better side in both games though.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Shocking first half for us. The sad thing is I kinda actually expected it too. The way Rowntree, Chuter, Worsley & Lipman all fell off Latham before he set up Tuqiri's try summed things up pretty neatly. Varndell looking out of his depth, Richards is game but there's no mileage in a scrum-half with no pass or kick &, to rub salt in the wound, we turned down an easy three points when Goode has clearly been brought in for his kicking game. Jesus.....could get very ugly second half.

& this against a team with a hooker who couldn't hit a cow's **** with a banjo.....

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Luke McAlister is no more an international first five than Simon Mannix. Considering the amount of ball he had, his use of it was nothing short of abysmal. Others who struggled massively included Casey Laulala and Jerome Kaino. The blindside, in particular, I'm disappointed about. Kaino has all the attributes you'd die for in a blindside - height, strength and speed. But that attempted tackle on Leamy earlyish in the first half wasn't just bad, it was a dead-set disgrace.

Sit down on the bench, Jerome, you're lazy.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Finally saw a Test here in Japan...

I thought the All Blacks played well considering the weather... McAlister isn't a first five, but then McDonald wouldn't have done any better. We need a back-up in any event, so it's right to play McAlister at #10. Laulala and Kaino were disappointing. It was an exciting game until the last 15 minutes... Ireland are a good side.

Can't really say that this makeshift team had any revelations.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Australia were solid last night, good number of points scored given the amount of possession was like 30% for most of the game, not sure what the final % was.

Frier had a shocker with the throws, unusual given hes usually spot on with the Tah's. Larkham played quite well i thought.

That Varndell bloke got absolutley smashed, nearly everytime he got the ball he would see Lote and start running backwards, at which point Lote would pick him up and throw hiim over the sideline. He might be fast but if hes not willing to run in a straight line and get tackled he shouldnt be playing Rugby.

I was dissapointed when the English props went off and uncontested scrums were resorted to.

Need to bring back David Lyons too :)

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Hmm, I wonder if splitting the All Blacks squad was the best preparation for the Tri-Nations. The Wallabies look better than last season (and hungry), but they haven't really been tested yet & it appears South African dissention has reared its ugly head, with rumours that Jake White is on the way out (unbelievable if true), so the Tri-Nations is as wide open as ever... Which means teams will win at home and struggle away, just like always... At least it's a best of three this year.

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Meanwhile in BUENOS AIRES, the All Blacks got home in a close game against Argentina, defending their line with 14 men. God I love Argentina and Contepomi is far more gracious than O'Driscoll, a fake Australian if ever there was one. In truth the Pumas played better than Ireland.

I hope we keep the Bledisloe and win a game in South Africa, the one thing Henry hasn't accomplished yet.

Blaze

Banned
ohtani's jacket said:
Meanwhile in BUENOS AIRES, the All Blacks got home in a close game against Argentina, defending their line with 14 men. God I love Argentina and Contepomi is far more gracious than O'Driscoll, a fake Australian if ever there was one. In truth the Pumas played better than Ireland.

I hope we keep the Bledisloe and win a game in South Africa, the one thing Henry hasn't accomplished yet.
That ref was awful. Nigel *****house.

Australia should be favourites for the Tri Nations imo... they look strong and injury free, whereas we will go into the first game with a 15 that hasn't played together...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
Australia should be favourites for the Tri Nations imo... they look strong and injury free, whereas we will go into the first game with a 15 that hasn't played together...

not quite injury free - Blake, Frier, Rogers, Rathbone, Giteau (though hopefully he will be back for the first tri-nations game).

the signs are there though, should be a great series.

Will be interesting to see if Gregan can keep up that sort of form too.

Craig

World Traveller
Blaze said:
That ref was awful. Nigel *****house.

I thought it was John Mitchell all over again when Mitchell was making so many changes and handing out All Black jersey's in brown paper bags.