• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Melbourne Cup Challenge/Frankie Dettori Racing

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I assume Hard Mode is more difficult...I managed to win the race with one of the outsiders, I was 6-7 wide the whole way and went about 10 wide around the turn. :laugh:

Looks like a good game though, Flemington looks absolutely brilliant.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
I have G1 Jockey, G1 Jockey 3 and Gallop Racer on the PS2. Great games but after a while you can boot home anything. This game was due out before the Spring carnival last year wasn't it? It better be worth the wait.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well the demo was on easy mode so i would say that it would be harder on the higher levels, but to what extent remains to be seen... That will be the make or break factor..

Both Flemington and Randwick are awesome, both are lifelike..

Not long to wait now though...

nibbs

International Captain
any nz tracks feature in the game, brendon??? i'm going to go play g1 jockey. still haven't won the arc grand prix yet, which i'm really annoyed with tbh.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
nibbs said:
any nz tracks feature in the game, brendon??? i'm going to go play g1 jockey. still haven't won the arc grand prix yet, which i'm really annoyed with tbh.
Not in this version i dont think mate..

Tracks from memory..

Randwick
Rosehill
Canterbury
Warwick Farm
Flemington
Mooney Valley
Caufield
Brisbane Park(Fake - Based around Eagle Farm i think)
Yarraglade(Fake - Country Australia)
Ascot (UK)
Three Oaks (Fake - UK)
Epsom (UK)
York (UK)
Goodwood (UK)
Sandown (UK)
Curragh(Ire)
Dubai
Hong Kong
Tokyo
De L'arc (Paris)

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
nibbs said:
In all fairness, NZ racing isnt of the greatest quality...

Yes they produce alot of good horses but there are no real world class races over there...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
_Ed_ said:
Let's agree to disagree on that.
Ok let me clarify that so you dont get the wrong impression...

NZ racing doesnt really rate a mention on the world racing stage..

The quality is good but they dont draw the international horses (Which is probably more due to prizemoney)..

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh right, yeah that's fair enough.

Hopefully that might change in future though with four races worth a million or more in 2008 including a $2 million Kelt.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Great game... Currenlty in my 2nd season and the stable is going great guns.. Had quite a few Group 1 winners including one of my regally bred 3yo's winning the Victoria Derby..

Im now in the process of getting my star 2yo into the Slipper field, if she wins her next start she will be in and will be very very hard to beat...