• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mundine v Green

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I'm undecided on who will win, I don't mind who does, really. Mundine has a slight edge for mine, but they're both very good boxers. Should be a great fight.

benchmark00 said:
Is it true that the winner goes on to fight Buddhy Blackman in a street fight?
I sure hope so.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Blewy said:
I hope Green belts him into Oblivion... Mundane is the biggest joke in Australian sport.. He is "supposedly" the best at any sport he attempts, and for anyone to compare themselves with Ali is a disgrace....

Knock his head off Danny boy!!!!

1 punch is all it will take, yes Mundane is quick but if he lets his guard down for 1 second, the Glass jaw he inherited off his old man will come to the fore...
Precisely why I want Mundine to win, right there. :p

Craig

World Traveller
And in the warm-up fight we can watch John Hoppatate (sp?) make his professional boxing debut.

The non rugby league fans on here will probably remember him putting his fingers where they shouldn't go unless he is staring in a gay **** film :laugh:

Craig

World Traveller
And finally enough he is now a junior rugby league ref in Sydney :laugh:

Although we won't see him ever in the NRL - he ruled it out for himself after he noted tht he couldn't send himself to the sin-bin :laugh:

Buddhmaster

International Captain
People who go on about how ****y and arrogant Mundine is annoy me. He is entertaining to me, and whilst I like Green equally, I want Mundine to win to stick it to everyone over here. Fight to go all the way, Mundine on points.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Interesting read in the papers today, where four Australian boxing experts were asked about strengths and weaknesses, etc. of the two boxers. They felt that Mundine was going to be best early, that generally his conditioning isn't as good as Green's - although they also feel that it should be at its best for this bout - but Green to come back hard. They seemed to all insinuate that if it came down to points, Green would win.

Sam Soliman, who has fought them both, couldn't split them.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't claim to be any sort of boxing expert, but if Green won on points I'd be very surprised, unless he hurts Mundine badly enough early on that he's not fighting at his best towards the end. If Green wins, he will knock Mundine out or go very close, and I'd expect him to do it early. One good point I read recently was that Mundine, for different reasons, will be just as keen as Green for the fight to be over early. Mundine is out to prove his critics (and there have been a lot of them, for a long time, though fewer recently) entirely wrong by dominating the fight and winning it convincingly. It won't be playing to his strengths exactly, but you can expect Mundine to come out hard early on and go for a knockout.

Anyway, I think generally most people find it a hard fight to pick. For everyone who claims that Mundine will win it, there's someone backing Green, and several more who can't decide. There's no doubt that Mundine has improved a lot more than Green has in recent times, and I'd also say that Mundine is more of a natural talent, but Green has a whole career of professional and amatuer boxing behind him, while Mundine only has a few years. The Mundine of a couple of years back wouldn't have been able to beat Green, but now he's a lot better and it's going to be a good contest, one way or the other.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Mundine tends to go very defensive when his opponent goes on the front foot like in the Kessler fight, so i wouldn't be suprised at all to see Green win on points.

howardj

International Coach
Craig said:
And in the warm-up fight we can watch John Hoppatate (sp?) make his professional boxing debut.

The non rugby league fans on here will probably remember him putting his fingers where they shouldn't go unless he is staring in a gay **** film :laugh:
Yeah, ever since he announced that he's going to be a boxer, Roy & HG have dubbed him 'Poo-fist'. :laugh:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
howardj said:
Yeah, ever since he announced that he's going to be a boxer, Roy & HG have dubbed him 'Poo-fist'. :laugh:
I take it they expect Hoppers to rely heavily on the jab!?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
It's so 1980s, isn't it. You can imagine two girls wearing legwarmers and fluoro belts suggesting such a thing about the stonewash-jeaned guy down the road who does burnouts in his brand new Torana.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Voltman said:
It's so 1980s, isn't it. You can imagine two girls wearing legwarmers and fluoro belts suggesting such a thing about the stonewash-jeaned guy down the road who does burnouts in his brand new Torana.
That's a vivid description! Have you been to Frankston lately? :happy:

howardj

International Coach
Voltman said:
:laugh: :laugh:

Jeans were not jeans, unless they were stone-washed!