• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby

Craig

World Traveller
KennyD said:
That would have sucked ***. The U-10s I coach are discouraged when it comes to kicking, but we don't penalise them.

God, I do not know how I would survive a Rugby game without the option of kicking that ball away.
Is stuff like Chip kicks allowed?

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
Craig said:
Is stuff like Chip kicks allowed?
Oh its allowed, but the boys are threatened with a "Kick it and you are off!" before they go out and play. So its all allowed, but heavily discouraged until they reach U-13s, which is when they start playing U-19 rules.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
We had the same philosophy when I was playing junior schoolboy stuff back in Hamilton for Fraser-Tech. Luckily, it helped when our coach was one of the more gifted runners from the All Blacks of the late 1970s-early 1980s, Murray Taylor. Didn’t play many games for the ABs, as he had a bit too much unpredictability for the style they were playing at the time. We ended up second in our comp with our running rugby.