• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How would the Rugby guys fare in the NFL

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
chaminda_00 said:
His one of those great Swans players that won the flag (championship) last season. But like most ALF players his pretty soft, even though he played a lot of rugby as a junior.
But like AFL players he can string a coherant sentence together.

benchmark00

GoT_SpIn said:
Right. So getting speared is not damaging. Also its easier to avoid a shoulder charge as you can run basically where ever you want
The spear tackle is illegal in Rugby Union as far as i know.

Will be happy to be proved otherwise.

Edit: Define spear tackle, AFIK there are two definitions...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
benchmark00 said:

It's illegal unless you're the All Black captain at the start of a test series.

/bitter Lions supporter mode. :p

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:

No, its legal. Its when the defender is picks him up by thigh/hip and drives him back, usually shoving him into the groun. Watch a union game and you will this happen alot.

Blaze

Banned
AFL players would get smashed in Gridion. They don't have the body shape to handle it...

Not saying that they wouldn't be skillful enough, but they would get absolutely murdered.

The only people I could see succeeding at it would be rugby league 2nd rowers and a select few rugby union loose forwards and outside backs.

Blaze

Banned
GoT_SpIn said:
No, its legal. Its when the defender is picks him up by thigh/hip and drives him back, usually shoving him into the groun. Watch a union game and you will this happen alot.
The spear tackle is not legal in union or league. It is when you lift someone up and drop them on their head/ shoulders...

benchmark00

Blaze said:
AFL players would get smashed in Gridion. They don't have the body shape to handle it...

Not saying that they wouldn't be skillful enough, but they would get absolutely murdered.

The only people I could see succeeding at it would be rugby league 2nd rowers and a select few rugby union loose forwards and outside backs.
You don't need to be fat to play running back, quarterback or kicker...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:
But like AFL players he can string a coherant sentence together.
I think his comprehension(sp) of the English language is more to do with going to a rugby school, then playing AFL.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
The spear tackle is not legal in union or league. It is when you lift someone up and drop them on their head/ shoulders...
i dont mean the drop on head and shoulders one.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:
Well the other one is legal in AFL, so i don't understand your argument...
I forget now.

Still i think AFL players would not cut the mustard in NFL while a few union players, maybe a few props and some of the more well built backs could do it.

benchmark00

I've all ready provided evidence of two AFL players playing in the NFL, one is known as the one of the best kickers of all time...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:
I've all ready provided evidence of two AFL players playing in the NFL, one is known as the one of the best kickers of all time...
I think that answers your question in the post above. NFL sides are only looking for kickers from the AFL, not running backs.

benchmark00

chaminda_00 said:
I think that answers your question in the post above. NFL sides are only looking for kickers from the AFL, not running backs.
That doesn't answer anything. Alot of AFL players have the perfect body shape to play the positions Craig and I have mentioned.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:
That doesn't answer anything. Alot of AFL players have the perfect body shape to play the positions Craig and I have mentioned.
You may think they have the right body shape, but NFL clubs clearly don't.