• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ v AUS Rugby League Test- May 5

Blaze

Banned
Apparently Benji could be fit in time. If he is I am confident we will win by 13+

You guys are just lucky Jones isn't playing...

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
im confident Australia will win very easily, 40+ imo...
Locky will dominate, Hodges will score 3 tries, Bailey will smash wiki into oblivion...
too easy for the aussies...

Blaze

Banned
broncoman said:
Locky will dominate, Hodges will score 3 tries, Bailey will smash wiki into oblivion...
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Bailey should focus on getting his forward pack going forward first... something that didn't happen a lot last year.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
I read Solomona, Leuluai and Cayless will be allowed to fly over to play. Why the **** does Solomona feature in NZs plans?

Edit: Beaten to it by that ******* Brumby. :p

Blaze

Banned
steds said:
I read Solomona, Leuluai and Cayless will be allowed to fly over to play. Why the **** does Solomona feature in NZs plans?

Edit: Beaten to it by that ******* Brumby. :p
Cause he is a good ball player?

Solomona is alright, prone to a few errors with ball in hand though. Played well in the Tri Nations.

Blaze

Banned
BoyBrumby said:
Should be a good game. I expect Oz to want to make a statement after last year's tri-nations, so I take them by about 18-24.

BBC reckons Solomona, Leuluai & Cayless are being released to play for NZ.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/super_league/wakefield/4943944.stm

Hmm we don't need Leuluai... If he plays then I think Simon's prediction could be close to the mark.

Why aren't they releasing the Volcano? ffs the way international league is run is a joke.

Simon

Cayless is good, Leuluai and Solomona are duds though...
neither are up to NRL standard and NZ are desperate to get them into a test match, says a lot really...

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
Hmm we don't need Leuluai... If he plays then I think Simon's prediction could be close to the mark.
Who plays at halfback, then? Leuluai is decent, and getting better. I like the cut of his jib. Perhaps not ready to play Test rugby, but he could be sometime, imo.

Simon

i think this could be the time to pick my test side though

1 Matt Bowen
2 Matt King
3 Justin Hodges
4 Mark Gasnier
5 Timana Tahu
6 Darren Lockyer
7 Andrew Johns
8 Luke Bailey
9 Danny Buderus
10 Petero Civoniceva
11 Nathan Hindmarsh
12 Michael Crocker
13 Ben Kennedy
Reserves
14 Mark O'Meley
15 Willie Mason
16 Steve Simpson
17 Trent Barrett

Minichiello wont be fit so ive gone with Bowen, Thurston is either starting or not there, so hes being left out... the rest picks themselves, its a well balanced side and i think it will get the job done...

Blaze

Banned
steds said:
who plays at halfback, then?
Marshall if he is fit... Or Jeremy Smith, Marcus Perenara. Anyone but Leulaui.

Lol Simon it says a lot about the Australian side who lost to NZ last year with Solomona in the team if you believe he is not up to NRL standard.

Simon

Blaze said:
Marshall if he is fit... Or Jeremy Smith, Marcus Perenara. Anyone but Leulaui.

Lol Simon it says a lot about the Australian side who lost to NZ last year with Solomona in the team if you believe he is not up to NRL standard.
he had his chance in the nrl, he was crap so he moved to the retirement village... I think we can put the tri nations behind us now and again show we are clearly the number 1 nation...

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Blaze said:
Cause he is a good ball player?

Solomona is alright, prone to a few errors with ball in hand though. Played well in the Tri Nations.
Solomona is labelled a success at Superleague because he picks on the weak teams and destroys them. He played decently in the Tri Nations but is an average player and I'd guess NZ have scores of better options down there.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
wouldn't argue with that

steds

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
:laugh: Now that's just downright arrogant. Australia will win, but by that margin? :huh:

Blaze

Banned
steds said:
Solomona is labelled a success at Superleague because he picks on the weak teams and destroys them. He played decently in the Tri Nations but is an average player and I'd guess NZ have scores of better options down there.
Well you are entitled to your opinion as is Simon but I reckon he is a decent player who steps up when he puts the kiwi jersey on.

Tbh he probably wouldn't make my 17... I hope they find room for Fui Fui Moi Moi.

Blaze

Banned
steds said:
:laugh: Now that's just downright arrogant. Australia will win, but by that margin? :huh:
No they won't. We will be rugby league World Champions until Sonny Bill and Benji Marshall retire. The Aussies are soft and disinterested when it comes to international league. Even their fans claim to have no interest in it. We will win with ease :p

Simon

steds said:
its happened before, if johns plays theres simply no way we can lose, player for player we have NZ covered very easily, we will start red hot favourites without doubt...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Blaze said:

Why aren't they releasing the Volcano? ffs the way international league is run is a joke.
It is, I agree. There's something seriously wrong with a sport that doesn't award test caps for games played in its World Cup. I'm all for spreading the word, but for mine League should concentrate on developing those countires outside the big 3 where it's a serious sport, i.e. France & PNG. Have a "developing nations" for the others. Splitting GB up is a farce too, since Union went pro no Welsh, Jocks or Micks (Carney aside) make our test team; all their teams are made of Englishmen (& occasional Aussies) with celtic parents/grandparents. Weakens us when we're, at best, only competitive as GB.