• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ v AUS Rugby League Test- May 5

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Maybe it's to do with for the most part Bowen was crap on Saturday night.
yeh im sure thats it, but its pretty harsh to rub him out for 1 bad match, id say the selectors had doubts in their minds anyway and they saw something on saturday to suggest it couyld be a problem come friday night...

Craig

World Traveller
I'm surprised Tharmi didn't mention anything about Kite being called up as 18th man...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
The problem with Bowen is that he only has 1 style of play, ATTACK... and as a fullback you need to be able to be conservative at times.. This was shown up particularly on the weekend, the roosters grubber into the ingoal and instead of just trying to gather the ball and get out of the ingoal he tries to pick it up and run 100m and score the other end.. He misses the ball the roosters score... Now you say this is 1 instance but there have been plenty of times things like this have happened.. last season when he received a kick instead of playing it safe, he tries to throw a miraculous pass and it goes to ground, the opposition(cant remember who) pick it up and go over to score... He's to much of a liabilty to play fullback for me.. As a bench impact player he is ideal, but with Thurston on the bench they couldnt carry him.. With Minnichello, and Hodgson out injured, and Hornby been playing Half till only a couple of weeks back the options were thin, Hunt deserves his shot, and IMO the majority of talk has only been because of his allegiences... If he was an out and out Aussie i dont think it would've been so much of an issue...

Simon

Ever heard of paragraphs? :p

But i agree with what you are saying, hes almost got the spot by default, but im sure he wont mind, gives him a chance to show what he can do at the highest level.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
Ever heard of paragraphs? :p

But i agree with what you are saying, hes almost got the spot by default, but im sure he wont mind, gives him a chance to show what he can do at the highest level.
I believe you answered your own question a few posts back.. :p

broncoman said:
yeh, im really concerned about using proper punctuation on a cricket forum...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
I'm surprised Tharmi didn't mention anything about Kite being called up as 18th man...
I thought it was joke when i first heard he got called up, he isn't playing that great, but i guess that shows how bad the other front rowers are going around. Personally i would have gone for Price or Tronc, but Tronc bench spot stuffed him up.

Simon

im not too unhappy with Kite, hes got exprience at rep level and hes also got years on his side, he is a future Australian player and its not a bad move to have him in the 18...

nibbs

International Captain
if hunt was already an aussie, there's no way he would have been picked... no way in hell

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
i.e the only reason he got picked infront of Hornby and Bowen is so he is ineligable for the Kiwis if he ever changed hes mind in the future. I heard a few people say the same thing, but i think his form is better the above two. so deserves hes spot.

Simon

chaminda_00 said:
i.e the only reason he got picked infront of Hornby and Bowen is so he is ineligable for the Kiwis if he ever changed hes mind in the future. I heard a few people say the same thing, but i think his form is better the above two. so deserves hes spot.
lol as if that makes a difference anymore, Tonie Carroll played for NZ and Aus, Robbie Paul has played for NZ and now looks like he'll be turning out for GB this year, if Hunt changes his mind in the future im sure he'll fid a way to represent the kiwis...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
lol as if that makes a difference anymore, Tonie Carroll played for NZ and Aus, Robbie Paul has played for NZ and now looks like he'll be turning out for GB this year, if Hunt changes his mind in the future im sure he'll fid a way to represent the kiwis...
I pretty sure IRL is changing the rules so these things don't happen anymore, so International Rugby League is less of a joke.