• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 2006 NBA Playoffs thread

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:
What was it like, 115 Degrees ? Seriously only indian girl that can be called hot is 'Aishwarya Rai' and she aint cheerleading for the miami boys.
Those chicks in them Indian movies are preety hot..

Dravid

International Captain
Anyone wanna take a guess on who will be MVP this year?

I think the award will go to Kobe. He single handed took the Lakers to the playoffs, scoring the leading points in every single game for the Lakers. I wouldn't have given the award to Kobe if he didn't get Lakers to the playoffs, but not that he did..he deserves it.

Buddhmaster

International Captain
It'll be Kobe. He's been averaging maybe 30 points a game, and has put in a fair few match winning efforts, most notably the 81 point game. Iverson and Lebron would be up there.

Dravid

International Captain
Todays Game:

Washington at Cleveland
Sacremento at San Antonio
Chicago at Miami
Dever at Clippers

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid said:
Todays Game:

Washington at Cleveland
Sacremento at San Antonio
Chicago at Miami
Dever at Clippers
My picks for today's games :-

a. Cleavland
b. Sacramento
c. Chicago
d. Denver

PY

International Coach
I used to be Indiana Pacers in NBA Jam because they had the best 3-point ratings out of all of them.

That is all I have to say about basketball.

Dravid

International Captain
Todays games:

Pacers at Nets
Lakers at Suns
Bucks at Pistons
Grizzlies at Mavericks

my picks
Nets
Lakers
Pistons
Mavericks

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid said:
Also anyone else fancy Lakers chances to get past Suns in the first round due to no Amare? I think it should be a very close contest
Well they have already lost the 1st game as I write this, but I would have given them no hope to start with.

Suns in 5 games.

BTW Im supporting Dallas. Dirk is on fire and potentially the most difficult player to guard in the league. Matchup problems for everyone and Avery is doing a great coaching job.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
lakers lose to the suns no surprise there...nets lose to the pacers definite surprise....

pinchy81

International Vice-Captain
Dravid said:
Todays games:

Pacers at Nets
Lakers at Suns
Bucks at Pistons
Grizzlies at Mavericks

my picks
Nets
Lakers
Pistons
Mavericks
my picks:
Pacers
Suns
Pistons
Mavericks

Dravid

International Captain
Carter didn't have that good of a nit..neither did the nets...nd kobe didnt either..nd neither did the lakers

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid said:
Carter didn't have that good of a nit..neither did the nets...nd kobe didnt either..nd neither did the lakers
the difference between carter having a big night and kobe having a big night is significant....even if carter has a big night, kidd will still spread the ball around and make sure that jefferson and krstic and robinson and some of the others will get their shots and so it will still be an all-round effort and the nets will beat you big...while when kobe has a monster night(35-40 shots), more often than not, with the possible exception of odom, it means that the other lakers are ice-cold(parker, brown, mimh, george et al) and their opponents especially a strong team like the suns can still beat them handily....to some extent odom fulfils the role of a nash or a kidd in distributing the ball to his teammates but not nearly enough and kobe as the guard has the ability but is just not doing it enough...