Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2006 NBA Playoffs thread

State Vice-Captain Right arm fast's Avatar
    go nuggets melos been pretty awesome this year. the two teams i the most spurs and pistons are likely to contest the final though if wade and shaq fire miami could be pretty well up there. my darkhorses the clippers elton brand will lead them to at least the conf semis i think
    CW Red

International Vice-Captain 33/3from3.3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cricketboy29
    Miami Heat, mate, Miami Heat
    good wordiness, Gaurav, good wordiness
    Maria - Due December

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    "So this is what it feels like to be on top of a batsmen".
    RIP Fardin Qayummi - 15th April 2006

Miami Heat - DWade is the future of NBA. Pistons wont make to the conf finals. Ginobli cant carry Spurs on his shoudlers alone, Duncan is a choker, Dallas will win the Western Conf and finally beaten by the Big Fella aka Shaq-a-Laqa-Boom Boom boy from east.

*rant over*

Baseball >>>> Basketball

Anyhow, Go Grizzlies!
    Or something.

RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

Good ole Miami. Not the same without lil Timmy though.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Generally I would care, but not this season. This is the most uninteresting NBA I've seen. Nothing has caught my interest.

Pistons to win in 7.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Hopefully the interest will pickup once the play offs reach the latter stages. Till now the only big story has been the failure of Brown and the Knicks for me.

A lot of Miami Heat fans here.. Great.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush
    Hopefully the interest will pickup once the play offs reach the latter stages. Till now the only big story has been the failure of Brown and the Knicks for me.

IMO Miami is the Australia/Real Madrid/Manchester United/Yankees of basketball.

It's the team that it's fashionable to support when you don't know much about the sport. When you do know about the sport, it's the team that it's easiest to support.

*stirs*

Quote Originally Posted by Pratyush

Ah yes the Knicks. The highest paid team in the league is one of the worst team in the league. Every little thing in basketball you can imagine, every fundamental thing possible that come in your mind...Knicks totally fail at. They have one of the most selfish players in the league on their team..Francis. I seriously did not see the point of this trade. Knicks already have enough guards as it is, and they add another one. The shot selection in the team is hopeless. Francis will never use the pick, he will never look to pass the ball and move it around. He will instead freestyle, crossover and miss the field goal.

Knicks traded away Sweetney and Thomas ALONG with their first round draft pick for Curry. Knicks just dug the grave deeper them selves. Eddy Curry in my opinion is the laziest player on the line-up. He has no will to get a rebound, you will hardly see him box out. He will not contest any shots on D, he doesn't even bother putting his hands up. And the Knicks lost two good players and their first round pick which most likely wouldve been the 2nd or 3rd draft pick for a player like Curry.

Marbury and Brown aren't getting along that well so I don't blame him for failing in most of the plays.

Malik Rose is probably the worst offensive player in the NBA, and still he is involved in offensive plays for god knows what reason. Rose isn't also that good of a defender anymore.

Also anyone else fancy Lakers chances to get past Suns in the first round due to no Amare? I think it should be a very close contest

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Everytime i read the word Basketball i read it as Baseketball...
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    IMO Miami is the Australia/Real Madrid/Manchester United/Yankees of basketball.

It's the team that it's fashionable to support when you don't know much about the sport. When you do know about the sport, it's the team that it's easiest to support.

*stirs*
    I'd like to defend myself here. If you are just referring to that because of the trade for Shaq...I started supporting them because in NBA Live '97, at the halftime break, they had the hottest cheerleaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhmaster
    Well I go for the Pistons so i'm pretty happy. But i've got a feeling San Antonio will take it out, Memphis as a roughie.
    Good Buddh...

Pistons to take it out, got a soft spot for the Clippers, so them as a roughie.
    penis

Dream XI: M Hyder, J Linker, M Clock, S Wetsin, A Simms, A Golcrhist, B Hugg, S Worde, B Leap, J Giuseppe, G MacGrith

Quote Originally Posted by Dravid
    Also anyone else fancy Lakers chances to get past Suns in the first round due to no Amare? I think it should be a very close contest
    kobe will probably light it up and steal a couple of games.....but if everyone except amare is fit, i feel the suns carry too much firepower for the lakers....they have so many scoring options in marion, nash, bell, t. thomas, k. thomas, diaw....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    very very close friend of mine is an Arab Christian and he speaks Arabic too and the visible hidden filth shows the mentality which may never change .....
    Quote Originally Posted by FRAZ View Post
    AAooouchh !!!!!
    I still remember that zipper accident of mine when I was in kindergarten ..... (Thing is OK I repeat thing is OK now )!!!

International Captain Buddhmaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanz
    Miami Heat - DWade is the future of NBA. Pistons wont make to the conf finals. Ginobli cant carry Spurs on his shoudlers alone, Duncan is a choker, Dallas will win the Western Conf and finally beaten by the Big Fella aka Shaq-a-Laqa-Boom Boom boy from east.

*rant over*
    D. Wade > Shaq
    Billups > Wade

All in all

Heat are actually the only team to have an Indian cheerleader..and she is actually pretty hot

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information