• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 2006 NBA Playoffs thread

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
The Suns steal game one from Dallas :@ Dallas deserved to lose this after playing so crappy in the last minutes, turning over the ball at crucial moments and allowing Nash to hit that damn 3. Oh well. Gotta bounce back in game 2.
Give Credit to NASH. 16 Assists and 27 Points, Wow. There is a reason he was given the MVP. Coach Joshnson must know how to contain Nash else the series will be over very soon.

Dravid

International Captain
Pistons nd Heat on right now, and Ben wallace starts it off with a 3 point play...a very rare sight...you shouldve seen the crowd when wallace made the free throw

Dravid

International Captain
At half time pistons lead 48-37...Great basketball from the Pistons...even though in the second qtr they let Miami get a run they came back strong...I'm loving this game...

Rip 20 points at the half...yessirrr

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Steve Nash - was his standing as an NBA player enhanced by his performances at Olympics? Like, I remember he used to be a bit of a bench player, although it was probably just early in his career...

Fusion

Global Moderator
vic_orthdox said:
Steve Nash - was his standing as an NBA player enhanced by his performances at Olympics? Like, I remember he used to be a bit of a bench player, although it was probably just early in his career...

When Dallas got him in a trade long ago, he was actually coveted by a lot of teams. He was highly regarded back then as someone who can turn into a solid guard, which he obviously has. Thing is, as good as he was with Dallas, he was never going to win anything there (be that a MVP or the Title). It just wasn't the right fit to take that next step. He's still the same player, but now he's surrounded by more atheletic guys. That's the perfect setup for a guy with Nash's skills.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
When Dallas got him in a trade long ago, he was actually coveted by a lot of teams. He was highly regarded back then as someone who can turn into a solid guard, which he obviously has. Thing is, as good as he was with Dallas, he was never going to win anything there (be that a MVP or the Title). It just wasn't the right fit to take that next step. He's still the same player, but now he's surrounded by more atheletic guys. That's the perfect setup for a guy with Nash's skills.
remains to be seen whether the suns setup is going to win him a title....they are suprisingly close this year though....i never expected them to get this far without amare...

Dravid

International Captain
Anil said:
remains to be seen whether the suns setup is going to win him a title....they are suprisingly close this year though....i never expected them to get this far without amare...
look at the teams they faced

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid said:
look at the teams they faced
true to a point...but the clippers were good and the mavs are an excellent team....and will hopefully beat them....

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
the heat are really heating up right now! wow! can the pistons come back from this? with any other team that question wouldn't even arise....but with the pistons you can never quite count 'em out....

Dravid

International Captain
What a heartbreake...Pistons head back losing 2-4...I'm really sad right now...Heat deserved to win this game however..our offense was just horrible. Open look after open look we got, and hardly even one of them went down. It was a bad day for everyone on the team cause no one could convert the shots. Really sad ending for those who were predicted the 2006 Champions at the start of the playoffs

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Heat Won. :):) They are going to the finals and I am glad the way Detroits arrogance was crushed in Miami. Man no Wade and they were still routed. It feels so good to shut Detroit fans/players up. Guess where was Rasheed Wallace's foot ? In his mouth. :)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
glad someone beat the pistons, great job by miami! now let's see if nowitzki and co can close out the suns in the desert....

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Suns blow an 18 point lead and are done. Great game by Mavs and Hats off to Avery Johnson.

Dravid

International Captain
What do you mean no wade? He played in every game and was a major factor of every game.

So it seems like it will be the finals of the first as its both teams first final

Dallas v Miami...2006 NBA finals...its finally that time of the year again...where champions are made..and hearts are broken

Dravid

International Captain
What do you mean no wade? He played in every game and was a major factor of every game.

So it seems like it will be the finals of the first as its both teams first final

Dallas v Miami...2006 NBA finals...its finally that time of the year again...where champions are made..and hearts are broken