• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 2006 NBA Playoffs thread

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
All I can say is, Jason Terry better come up HUGE in game 7. I blame him for our loss! :mad: Game 7 at S.A is no small task. I'm going to be such a nervous wreck on Monday!
yeah that low-blow to finley was a low-blow to his team's chances in game 6...:D

Fusion

Global Moderator
Anil said:
yeah that low-blow to finley was a low-blow to his team's chances in game 6...:D
Yup. And Finley was sooooo classy about the whole thing. Did you hear his comments after the game? He basically said that it was an unfortunate incident and he thought that Terry is a good guy. What class! Finley was the soul of the Mavericks for a very long time. In the end, he had to go (just like Nash) because he wasn't going to help the Mavs win a championship. I'll always root for him...but just not in the next game! :)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
Yup. And Finley was sooooo classy about the whole thing. Did you hear his comments after the game? He basically said that it was an unfortunate incident and he thought that Terry is a good guy. What class! Finley was the soul of the Mavericks for a very long time. In the end, he had to go (just like Nash) because he wasn't going to help the Mavs win a championship. I'll always root for him...but just not in the next game! :)
yeah i heard that...finley is a good guy and he came up with a huge 3 yet again in the last game....game 7 is going to be a nail-biter! from the spurs side, will big-shot bob make an appearance, you think? he has been awfully quiet in these playoffs and that's not his style....should be fun anyway....:)

Dravid

International Captain
The bad boys are back!!! Pistons face Miami in the finals! What a come back..Only 23 points for Cleveland and only 6 points for LeBron in the second half..thats the Pistons defense we all know

Fusion

Global Moderator
Dravid said:
The bad boys are back!!! Pistons face Miami in the finals! What a come back..Only 23 points for Cleveland and only 6 points for LeBron in the second half..thats the Pistons defense we all know
Yeah the Pistons had a suffocating defense in the second half, totally shutting down LeBron. So the Pistons move on, deservingly. I will still give props to the Cavs for extending them to 7 games though.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Game 7 tonight for Mavs/Spurs! The two best teams in the West in a do or die finale. I wish the Mavs had closed the Spurs out in the last 2 games, but one wouldn't expect the champs to just roll over. I'll be on the edge of my seat tonight cheering on my Mavs. Should be a great one.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
Yeah the Pistons had a suffocating defense in the second half, totally shutting down LeBron. So the Pistons move on, deservingly. I will still give props to the Cavs for extending them to 7 games though.
damn! now they will more than likely take the east!....anyway lebron's playoff debut has been nothing short of memorable....

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
Game 7 tonight for Mavs/Spurs! The two best teams in the West in a do or die finale. I wish the Mavs had closed the Spurs out in the last 2 games, but one wouldn't expect the champs to just roll over. I'll be on the edge of my seat tonight cheering on my Mavs. Should be a great one.
texas vs texas...should be a great fight.....:)

Fusion

Global Moderator
The Mavs Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jump: They blew a freakin 20 point lead first, but they still won! Man I gotta say the Spurs have the heart of a champion. They never quit and kept coming back. That team has my respect. But my Mavs FINALLY beat the Spurs and take the next step!! I will be celebrating tonight!!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
The Mavs Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jump: They blew a freakin 20 point lead first, but they still won! Man I gotta say the Spurs have the heart of a champion. They never quit and kept coming back. That team has my respect. But my Mavs FINALLY beat the Spurs and take the next step!! I will be celebrating tonight!!
congrats man!:) the mavs deserved to win tonight and did!...and it was a wonderful game 7 between the two best teams in the west....duncan and nowitzki really lit it up for their teams tonight.....i just hope the clippers can join them in the last 4...although the suns in their own backyard are a daunting prospect....:(

Fusion

Global Moderator
Anil said:
congrats man!:) the mavs deserved to win tonight and did!...and it was a wonderful game 7 between the two best teams in the west....duncan and nowitzki really lit it up for their teams tonight.....i just hope the clippers can join them in the last 4...although the suns in their own backyard are a daunting prospect....:(
Thanks man! I'm rooting for the Clippers against the Suns, though it doesn't look good right now. I like the Clippers better.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
Yeup fully deserved win for Mavs and congratulations to Mavs fans. It has been a long wait for them, they have finally made it to the Conf. finals and I hope they do well against Suns.

Dravid

International Captain
Pistons lose game 1. I'm a Pistons fan and I'll admit that Miami deserved to win this game...we took some really stupid shots. I know some open shots weren't going in but some of the shots we took were just stupid. Antonio Mcdyess tried acting like Kobe 4 or 5 times this game and went for difficult fadeaways with the d all over him...I hate it when he does that because hes not Kobe. And they didn't work the ball around enough they just made a couple of passes to anyone and they took the shot and missed.

But I know the Pistons team. I can guarantee you all a Game 2 victory. Unlike Sheed I know exactly when to guarantee, because seeing how bad the Pistons did on the offense this game, Saunders will spend the whole day tomorrow making the pistons shoot the ball and working it around for better shots, and the Pistons will come back on thursday moving the ball around...making open shots..and winning the game. There was a lot of ball hogging today and you will not see anymore of that in game 2

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
miami make a good start! balanced effort on both ends! that being said, shaq and wade were both in foul trouble and detroit didn't play well enough tonight to take advantage....that won't be the case in the 2nd game, they better avoid that...

Fusion

Global Moderator
Suns/Mavs on right now. I'm already dizzy by the Suns' fast break points! :blink: Oh well, if the Mavs keep the game within 6 points going to the last 2 minutes, I have confidence they'll win. The Mavs are better defensively, and that should prove to be the difference in this series.

Dravid

International Captain
I'm not able to watch the game at all tonight because im not home...I just have one question...who is Nowitzkis guard?

Fusion

Global Moderator
Dravid said:
I'm not able to watch the game at all tonight because im not home...I just have one question...who is Nowitzkis guard?
Marion most of the time. Score is Dallas up 112-105 with about 3:43 to go. Come on Mavs!

Fusion

Global Moderator
The Suns steal game one from Dallas :@ Dallas deserved to lose this after playing so crappy in the last minutes, turning over the ball at crucial moments and allowing Nash to hit that damn 3. Oh well. Gotta bounce back in game 2.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
The Suns steal game one from Dallas :@ Dallas deserved to lose this after playing so crappy in the last minutes, turning over the ball at crucial moments and allowing Nash to hit that damn 3. Oh well. Gotta bounce back in game 2.
gotta hand it to the suns though...they play that run-and-gun offense better than any team in the nba....hope dallas bounces back....:)