• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 2006 NBA Playoffs thread

Dravid

International Captain
The start of the 2006 NBA playoffs is just a few days away. Did your team make it ? If not which team are you supporting?

Here are the teams that made the playoffs

East:

1) Detroit Pistons
2) Miami Heat
3) New Jersey Nets
4) Cleveland Caveliers
5) Washington Wizards
6) Indiana Pacers
7) Chicago Bulls
8) Milwaukee Bucks

West:
1) San Antonio
2) Phoenix Suns
3) Denver Nuggets
4) Dallas Mavericks
5) Memphis Grizzlies
6) L.A. Clippers
7) L.A Lakers
8) Sacremento Kings

Well my team are the Detroit Pistons and they made it ofcourse. I'm pretty sure the finals will be a recap of last year with Pistons and Spurs in the finals.

I'm a bit upset Philly didn't make the playoffs...they had a great start to the season but as the season went on they started to play crappy basketball

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
steds said:
I don't give a crap.
Same here, loathed playing this at school.

Also whenever some one mentions Basketball, I’m always reminded of Full Metal Jacket.

Dravid

International Captain
Miami is the team that I hate with passion from the east..and San Antonio from the west. I like dwayne wade but i hate miami

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
pistons look most likely to win it, but i hope they won't....they are about the most boringly stifling team in the nba even though they have improved on their offence this season....they are admittedly a superb team but i hate their physical style of defense and hope against hope that they get beaten....

the team i like best: the spurs(they are physical too but they are much more versatile than the pistons with the speed and verve of ginobli and parker but have looked a little jaded this year).....

most entertaining team: the suns...won't win but it is sure fun to watch them when they are in full flow....wish amare was fit and ready to play....

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid said:
I'm a bit upset Philly didn't make the playoffs...they had a great start to the season but as the season went on they started to play crappy basketball
the 76rs are a bad team even with the addition of webber...they could have maybe made it to the playoffs with a little bit more comittment but would've gone out in the first round anyway....

Dravid

International Captain
Im pretty sure Nuggets will get into the finals with the spurs. Anyone have any idea if Amare will be back for any of the playoff rounds or is he out for the post season too

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid said:
Im pretty sure Nuggets will get into the finals with the spurs. Anyone have any idea if Amare will be back for any of the playoff rounds or is he out for the post season too
only one team can go into the finals from one conference and the nuggets and the spurs are both from the west....so they can't meet in the finals....amare is out for the season....

Dravid

International Captain
Anil said:
only one team can go into the finals from one conference and the nuggets and the spurs are both from the west....so they can't meet in the finals....amare is out for the season....
I meant the west conf finals..not the nba finals

Buddhmaster

International Captain
Well I go for the Pistons so i'm pretty happy. But i've got a feeling San Antonio will take it out, Memphis as a roughie.

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
go nuggets melos been pretty awesome this year. the two teams i the most spurs and pistons are likely to contest the final though if wade and shaq fire miami could be pretty well up there. my darkhorses the clippers elton brand will lead them to at least the conf semis i think

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Miami Heat - DWade is the future of NBA. :) Pistons wont make to the conf finals. Ginobli cant carry Spurs on his shoudlers alone, Duncan is a choker, Dallas will win the Western Conf and finally beaten by the Big Fella aka Shaq-a-Laqa-Boom Boom boy from east.

*rant over* :)