• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 2006 NBA Playoffs thread

Fusion

Global Moderator
It's tied 57 all at halftime of the Spurs/Mavs game. I'm amazed it's tied because the Spurs are shooting lights out and Duncan is unstoppable! Go Mavs!!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
It's tied 57 all at halftime of the Spurs/Mavs game. I'm amazed it's tied because the Spurs are shooting lights out and Duncan is unstoppable! Go Mavs!!
i think the mavs are going to close it out here or at worst game 6....:) don't worry not trying to jinx them or anything....just have this feeling that they finally have the confidence that they can beat their neighbours in a seven-game series....:)

as for the cavs....just amazing....and the look on mcdyess' face after the game said it all, they are stunned right now....having said that they are going to pull out all stops to steal game 6 and the young cavs better not become too complacent....they should scrap it out just like they've been doing over the past three games and use the energy of the home crowd to finish it off...a game 7 in detroit is not going to be easy.....

Fusion

Global Moderator
Another classic game and this time my Mavs lose it. Dirk was fouled on that last play, but oh well. That's the way it goes. Dunkan was the difference, we just couldn't stop him. On to game 6 in Dallas. We'll close it out there on Friday!!

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
IMO SA played better defence and Dallas wasn't aggressive enough today, they should have taken more shot as well. I hope to see a better performance from Stackhouse and Jason Terry in the next game. Bowen again made a key play near the end and sorta saved the game for Spurs.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Sanz said:
IMO SA played better defence and Dallas wasn't aggressive enough today, they should have taken more shot as well. I hope to see a better performance from Stackhouse and Jason Terry in the next game. Bowen again made a key play near the end and sorta saved the game for Spurs.
He did. However, I think the key at the end was Ginobli. He had two key steals at the end and was a major disruption.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
Another classic game and this time my Mavs lose it. Dirk was fouled on that last play, but oh well. That's the way it goes. Dunkan was the difference, we just couldn't stop him. On to game 6 in Dallas. We'll close it out there on Friday!!
the spurs squeak through narrowly! duncan has been brilliant in this series but then so has nowitzki....yes, dallas should end this on friday and move on.....

Dravid

International Captain
Anyone wanna bet Pistons will Win in Cleveland and take this series to game 7 and win at home? I have full faith in my team..its not over untill the fat lady sings

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Oh, we have full faith in Pistons as well, I hope they still believe in themselves. Also I hope that Mr. wallace can keep his mouth shut and let his game do the talking, he hasn't showed up in last two games, he better show up or we will see Pistons next year. :)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Dravid said:
Anyone wanna bet Pistons will Win in Cleveland and take this series to game 7 and win at home? I have full faith in my team..its not over untill the fat lady sings
it's not a question of betting...i just don't want them to win:) ...i didn't dream that the cavs would be in a position to finish them off, i am hoping that they will but as you say they are well capable of coming back in this series....

Fusion

Global Moderator
Anil said:
it's not a question of betting...i just don't want them to win:) ...i didn't dream that the cavs would be in a position to finish them off, i am hoping that they will but as you say they are well capable of coming back in this series....
My feelings exactly. I think the Pistons are well capable of coming back. In fact, they still are the favorites to win the series, IMO. But I just like the Cavs better. They have King James, and he's so fun to watch. And they are the Cinderella team from the East. People love to root for the underdog!

Dravid

International Captain
Did anyone see LeBron blow that open dunk last night? I couldn't stop laughing after that...well not untill the Pistons lost.

Dravid

International Captain
Pistons win! Game 7 is on...what a game...my team came out for me..c mon guys you can win game 7 too!

Dravid

International Captain
This game couldve been lost however if it wasnt for that Offensive rebound off Rasheeds free throw

Dravid

International Captain
33/3from3.3 said:
So who has been winning and what games are gonna be played
Suns and clippers are tied 3-3 with one game to go which will be played on Monday...Winner will go onto the west conf finals

Dallas and Spurs are playing right now with Dallas leading the series 3-2 and if Dallas win this game they will be in the west conf finals, if Spurs win then there will be a game 7 on sunday I think.

Detroit and Cleveland are tied 3-3 now after todays game and the 7th game is on sunday...winner of this game will face Miami in the finals who went past the Nets 4-1

Fusion

Global Moderator
Good job by Pistons to force game 7. Those offensive rebounds at the end were HUGE.

Spurs/Mavs playing right now. Dirk playing great. Duncan is on the bench with 3 fouls. The crowd is going bonkers, what with the Terry controversy and all. Come on Mavs!!!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
Good job by Pistons to force game 7. Those offensive rebounds at the end were HUGE.

Spurs/Mavs playing right now. Dirk playing great. Duncan is on the bench with 3 fouls. The crowd is going bonkers, what with the Terry controversy and all. Come on Mavs!!!
the cavs had their chances but those offensive boards in the final seconds just killed them....i would still love for them to go to motown and grab game 7 but that's such a remote possibility...:(

anyway, very glad that the spurs were able to force game 7....:)

Fusion

Global Moderator
Anil said:
the cavs had their chances but those offensive boards in the final seconds just killed them....i would still love for them to go to motown and grab game 7 but that's such a remote possibility...:(

anyway, very glad that the spurs were able to force game 7....:)

All I can say is, Jason Terry better come up HUGE in game 7. I blame him for our loss! :mad: Game 7 at S.A is no small task. I'm going to be such a nervous wreck on Monday!