• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The 2006 NBA Playoffs thread

Dravid

International Captain
Rip was fouled on the final play..there is no way he misses the layup by that much without the defender touching the ball..i mean look at how much contact there was...it was a clear foul...stupid refs...

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Please !!! Dont blame the refs. I am sick of people whinning about refs every time their team loses.It is part of the game some time you get the calls in your favor sometimes you dont and you just got to move on. The fact is that today the Cavs played better than Pistons( and that's without Hughes) who were so arrogant that they thought they could roll over Cavs without much effort. Serves them well for their arrogance, I was lmao @ Rasheed Wallace. He is the biggest idiot on and off the court and that's a shame because he is a great player and is a gauranteed hall of famer but for his behaviour.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
true the cavs were lucky, but then they needed the luck, they were playing against a much better team....but what about the pistons? do they have an excuse for cutting it so close in the first place? it's not as if the cavs are defensive giants or something...anyway they have to make another trip to lebronland....

Fusion

Global Moderator
Sanz said:
Please !!! Dont blame the refs. I am sick of people whinning about refs every time their team loses.It is part of the game some time you get the calls in your favor sometimes you dont and you just got to move on. The fact is that today the Cavs played better than Pistons( and that's without Hughes) who were so arrogant that they thought they could roll over Cavs without much effort. Serves them well for their arrogance, I was lmao @ Rasheed Wallace. He is the biggest idiot on and off the court and that's a shame because he is a great player and is a gauranteed hall of famer but for his behaviour.

Yup, the Cavs played better and won fair and square. And Wallace is really a horse's behind. He is one of the best players in the NBA, but shoots off his mouth way too much. Anyway, I guess this series is on now!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
I still think he is a lot better in Detroit, in Portland he was horrible but IMO he did it because he knew his owner(Paul allen) wouldn't give a damn about it. If he does that in motown, he will be catching the next flight out of detroit. Dumars/Davidson dont tolerate nonsense at least not now.

As for Cavs win, this game was played detroit way, low scoring defensive game, Lebron had a horrible night with 33 % shooting and 50 % from the foul line and defensively he committed 7-8 turnovers, still Cavs won, that says something about Detroits' performance, isn't it ?

Mavs won their 3rd game. :) If not for Bowen's one shot, this series would be over. Spurs are obviously not playing their best and Mavs are playing very well. :)

Buddhmaster

International Captain
I wish Rasheed would just get on with it. I know he was just trying to make some headlines, but gee it looked stupid after they lost. We'll still take it out though.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
Yup, the Cavs played better and won fair and square. And Wallace is really a horse's behind. He is one of the best players in the NBA, but shoots off his mouth way too much. Anyway, I guess this series is on now!
...and what about your mavs?:) you must be on cloud nine! the spurs are a tenacious team but in their current defensive form, i can't see them winning 3 in a row against this mavs side....

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
You deliberately dont praise Mavs performance, dont you ?,Dont wannna jinx your team, right ?? :laugh: :laugh:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Sanz said:
You deliberately dont praise Mavs performance, dont you ?,Dont wannna jinx your team, right ?? :laugh: :laugh:
There is a bit of truth to that!! :cool: I do praise the Mavs, but its measured praise. I'm still afraid of the Spurs. They are the defending Champs after all, and until they get knocked out, that still means in my book that they're the favorites. Though this 3-1 lead sure eases a lot of apprehension! :) But as far as the praise you and Anil have given my Mavs, I will say: "Tumharay moun main ghee shakar!"

Fusion

Global Moderator
Anil said:
...and what about your mavs?:) you must be on cloud nine! the spurs are a tenacious team but in their current defensive form, i can't see them winning 3 in a row against this mavs side....
I sure hope so! The next 2 of 3 games are at San Antonio, so it's not inconceivable that the Spurs can pull this off. However, it's going to be a very tall order. IMO, the Mavs need to finish them off by game 6 (in Dallas). If they Spurs win the next 2, and then have a game 7 in S.A, they will have the advantage.

P.S: I HATE Barkley.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
I sure hope so! The next 2 of 3 games are at San Antonio, so it's not inconceivable that the Spurs can pull this off. However, it's going to be a very tall order. IMO, the Mavs need to finish them off by game 6 (in Dallas). If they Spurs win the next 2, and then have a game 7 in S.A, they will have the advantage.

P.S: I HATE Barkley.
is barkley saying that the spurs can still win? i remember him saying that if the mavs win game 4, they will win the series....:)

one thing though...if the mavs face the pistons in the finals, i don't think they can win....

Fusion

Global Moderator
Anil said:
is barkley saying that the spurs can still win? i remember him saying that if the mavs win game 4, they will win the series....:)

one thing though...if the mavs face the pistons in the finals, i don't think they can win....
Well I might have to take my ghee/shakar comment back! :) Regarding Barkley, I dislike loudmouths, and he is a definition of that! Over the years, he has really bashed the Mavs. He seems to have his favorites, and he usually reserves his praise for them. And when someone or a team who he usually puts down actually does something good, he finds excuses. And yes I realize that's exactly why TNT has hired him, to provoke controversy due to his brash opinions and sucker in people like me into watching just to get angry at what he says!

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Oh common Charles Barkley isn't bad. I actually like the team on TNT and think the combination of Ernie Johnson, Kenny 'the Jet' Smith and sir Charles Barkley is better than any other NBA presentation. Barkley does have strong likes (e.g. Shaq) and dislikes but I think he is okay and when he is wrong, Ernie and Kenny make the most of teh situation.

As for not liking Mavs, well why should anyone praise a team which had got Zerop defence, until this season ? Mavs had players like Dirk, Nash and Finley with excellent support cast and they still struggled to beat teams like Lakers/Spur/Kings. And speaking of Loud Mouths, What do you think of Mr. Cuban ? ;)

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Fusion said:
Well I might have to take my ghee/shakar comment back! :) Regarding Barkley, I dislike loudmouths, and he is a definition of that! Over the years, he has really bashed the Mavs. He seems to have his favorites, and he usually reserves his praise for them. And when someone or a team who he usually puts down actually does something good, he finds excuses. And yes I realize that's exactly why TNT has hired him, to provoke controversy due to his brash opinions and sucker in people like me into watching just to get angry at what he says!
he likes teams that are good on both ends from what i've seen and he likes exceptional players....i don't see any wildly irrational favouritism in his comments...the mavs till this year were not title favourites because of their lack of defense, simple as that...do you doubt that? this year, they have been much better defensively as i have mentioned before, they are still not at the level of the spurs or the pistons, the premier defensive teams in the nba....even in this series, the single biggest factor for the mavs domination has been the fact that the spurs have not been able to bring their bread-and-butter defense to the games like they used to...the gruelling series that the kings subjected them to had a lot to do with that, i feel....now you will feel i am making excuses...:) but i still feel if they were successful in making it a half-court grind instead of mostly a transition game, it would be a lot closer series right now....

Fusion

Global Moderator
Sanz said:
Oh common Charles Barkley isn't bad. I actually like the team on TNT and think the combination of Ernie Johnson, Kenny 'the Jet' Smith and sir Charles Barkley is better than any other NBA presentation. Barkley does have strong likes (e.g. Shaq) and dislikes but I think he is okay and when he is wrong, Ernie and Kenny make the most of teh situation.

As for not liking Mavs, well why should anyone praise a team which had got Zerop defence, until this season ? Mavs had players like Dirk, Nash and Finley with excellent support cast and they still struggled to beat teams like Lakers/Spur/Kings. And speaking of Loud Mouths, What do you think of Mr. Cuban ? ;)

haha. I am VERY annoyed at his antics too! I wish he would just be a good owner (which he is) and stop being such a pompous and irratating fanboy. The way Cuban whines about the refs all the time is so classless, and does more harm to the Mavs than good. Again, I love Cuban as an owner because he'll do/spend anything to win. But his personality is just plain annoying.
Allright now let's talk about Barkley. I have no complaints against people that bashed the Mavs because they didn't play defense in the past. That was a legitimate criticism and it took the team a LONG time to realize they couldn't just win with offense alone (something that Phoenix will have to realize eventually as well). So criticize the Mavs all you want in that regard and I'll agree with you. However, Barkley just dismisses them alltogether. Even this season he hasn't given them credit for improving on defense. And he goes out of his way to put down teams/players he doesn't like. For instance, after the Game 4 win, his comments were all about how the officiating sucked in the game, and how the Mavs were celebrating too much after the win! Those kind of comments annoy me! But I will agree that the TNT crew as a whole is probably the best studio crew on TV.

Last edited:

Dravid

International Captain
I like Charles Barkely...he makes me laugh everytime he talks...cause all he does is talk bs

Dravid

International Captain
Oh my god...wtf is wrong with the pistons!? So many turnovers! How did they lose this game!? I haven't seen them play this bad at home in a long time.

Fusion

Global Moderator
What in the world is going on?!? The Cavs win again and are up 3-2!! Is this going to be the upset of all upsets?? Go Cavs!! I know I'm rooting for them! :)

Dravid

International Captain
LeBron had one of the worst nights this post season..he had like 5 air balls, missed most of his jumpers..nd blew a wide open dunk...and even after that the Pistons were still not able to stop the Cavs...That is not the Pistons team we have seen the whole season. If this game was played a few months back, Pistons would've turned this game into a double digit win if the LeBron played the way he did.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
LMAOROFL Literally. I dont care if Pistons go on to win the remaining two games, but man Cavs shut them good this time. Good lesson for Loud Mouth Rasheed Wallace, After the 4th game loss he opened his mouth again and talked crap. LMAOROTFL.

So far the biggest upset in 15 years of NBA I have watched.