• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

And the Commonwealth Gold goes to...

Shounak

Banned
Sierra Leone for the most AWOL athletes.. 15 of their 22 athletes have disappeared..

Equal second are Bangladesh and Tanzania with one each..

The race is still on...

Cloete

International Captain
Shounak said:
Sierra Leone for the most AWOL athletes.. 15 of their 22 athletes have disappeared..

The race is still on...
Someone hasn't been checking the testing forum lately :p

Natman20

International Debutant
Why did they even need the Commonwealth games. They should have just lined all the aussies up and give them the Gold medals before it even started

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Natman20 said:
Why did they even need the Commonwealth games. They should have just lined all the aussies up and give them the Gold medals before it even started
Well it's nice to just give the Aussies the chance to shamelessly cheat first, like in the badminton or relay, so we can see what they're really like.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
Well it's nice to just give the Aussies the chance to shamelessly cheat first, like in the badminton or relay, so we can see what they're really like.
Clutching. At. Straws.

Scaly piscine

burkey_1988 said:
Clutching. At. Straws.
Cheating. At. Sport.

It's not like that you're that stuck for gold medal winners, so you should be happy to disown the people involved for the two gold medals won by cheating. Of course if you've got no values or morals then fine.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Scaly piscine said:
Cheating. At. Sport.

It's not like that you're that stuck for gold medal winners, so you should be happy to disown the people involved for the two gold medals won by cheating. Of course if you've got no values or morals then fine.
We appealed in the relay and it was upheld. The judges didn't have to do that. And the badminton, I didn't see it but I'm backing the judgement of the officials.

Son Of Coco

Scaly piscine said:
I think it was the English girl sneaking into the better position for the baton change was it not? I'm not sure what we did that was supposed to qualify as cheating in the badminton...did we smuggle in a shuttlecock made from the right wing of a duck instead of the left?

If you continue to clutch this quickly you'll have no hope of contending for a medal in pick up sticks in 2010 young fellow.

Son Of Coco

Shounak said:

The race is still on...
If they find their way back to the village they should be awarded joint gold for orienteering.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Son Of Coco said:
I think it was the English girl sneaking into the better position for the baton change was it not? I'm not sure what we did that was supposed to qualify as cheating in the badminton...did we smuggle in a shuttlecock made from the right wing of a duck instead of the left?

If you continue to clutch this quickly you'll have no hope of contending for a medal in pick up sticks in 2010 young fellow.
Illegal serving:

Trans-Tasman rivalry burst on to centre-court and spilled off-court at an intense Commonwealth Games badminton session yesterday, with a frustrated Geoff Bellingham being red-carded after calling his Australian doubles opponents cheats during the match.

Bellingham's outburst against Travis Denney and Ashley Brehaut effectively cost New Zealand the match as they were locked 19-19 in the final set, playing to see who would progress to the semifinals today. The red card meant Australia gained a point and the serve and won the match on the next serve.

"In badminton, on the serve, you have to hold your racquet beneath the waist," said Bellingham after the match.

"They weren't. They had been holding it above the waist about six times. We had complained to the officials about it but no one was calling it.

"I let the emotion of the moment get to me. I shouldn't have let it affect me. Usually you get a yellow card but, apparently, you can't call anyone a cheat."
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/story.cfm?c_id=4&ObjectID=10374365

Scaly piscine

Son Of Coco said:

Served illegally in the badminton. In the relay the Aussie practically ushered the Brit ahead of her knowing it'd get her disqualified - because the Aussie team was pathetic enough to appeal it. It was very bad sportsmanship at the very least.

Still if you want to be in denial about it, there's nothing I can say that'll convince you.

Son Of Coco

Scaly piscine said:
Served illegally in the badminton. In the relay the Aussie practically ushered the Brit ahead of her knowing it'd get her disqualified - because the Aussie team was pathetic enough to appeal it.

Still if you want to be in denial about it, there's nothing I can say that'll convince you.
So the Brit was an idiot is what you're saying? Incapable of thinking for herself and going "Hang on...I'm in the wrong spot". From what I understand of the situation it's not actually illegal to serve like that (or at least that's one of the explanations we got here! haha). Are you on the UN Board of Sporting Relations? I'd expect not...you do spot a chance and take it though, so well done.

Scaly piscine

Son Of Coco said:
So the Brit was an idiot is what you're saying? Incapable of thinking for herself and going "Hang on...I'm in the wrong spot". From what I understand of the situation it's not actually illegal to serve like that (or at least that's one of the explanations we got here! haha). Are you on the UN Board of Sporting Relations? I'd expect not...you do spot a chance and take it though, so well done.
Oh right and you know the regulations better than a professional badminton player as well then. As I said earlier:

Son Of Coco

Scaly piscine said:
Oh right and you know the regulations better than a professional badminton player as well then. As I said earlier:

No, of course not, that's why I said "AT LEAST, THAT'S WHAT WE WERE TOLD HERE HA HA HA HA"

You're right, I'll work on the denial thing from my end and you see what you can do about the relay...quite obviously Tamsyn Lewis should have tapped the English girl on the shoulder while her teammate was streaking down the straight towards her and said "Excuse me, it's come to my attention that you seem to be coveting my spot in the line up, would you mind changing places before the point of exchange is upon us!?"

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
so with 9 Sierra Leone athletes still missing they are currently tied with Cameroon who also have 9 gone AWOL atm...