Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And the Commonwealth Gold goes to...

And the Commonwealth Gold goes to...

Sierra Leone for the most AWOL athletes.. 15 of their 22 athletes have disappeared..

Equal second are Bangladesh and Tanzania with one each..

The race is still on...

Quote Originally Posted by Shounak
    Sierra Leone for the most AWOL athletes.. 15 of their 22 athletes have disappeared..

The race is still on...
    Someone hasn't been checking the testing forum lately
    CWXI Regular - Member of CW Black

Blacks ftw

International Debutant Natman20's Avatar
    Why did they even need the Commonwealth games. They should have just lined all the aussies up and give them the Gold medals before it even started

International Vice-Captain open365's Avatar
    At least some good came from the commonwealth games then.

Quote Originally Posted by Natman20
    Why did they even need the Commonwealth games. They should have just lined all the aussies up and give them the Gold medals before it even started
    Well it's nice to just give the Aussies the chance to shamelessly cheat first, like in the badminton or relay, so we can see what they're really like.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Scaly piscine
    Well it's nice to just give the Aussies the chance to shamelessly cheat first, like in the badminton or relay, so we can see what they're really like.
    Clutching. At. Straws.

Quote Originally Posted by burkey_1988
    Clutching. At. Straws.
    Cheating. At. Sport.

It's not like that you're that stuck for gold medal winners, so you should be happy to disown the people involved for the two gold medals won by cheating. Of course if you've got no values or morals then fine.

Cheating. At. Sport.

It's not like that you're that stuck for gold medal winners, so you should be happy to disown the people involved for the two gold medals won by cheating. Of course if you've got no values or morals then fine.
    We appealed in the relay and it was upheld. The judges didn't have to do that. And the badminton, I didn't see it but I'm backing the judgement of the officials.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    I think it was the English girl sneaking into the better position for the baton change was it not? I'm not sure what we did that was supposed to qualify as cheating in the badminton...did we smuggle in a shuttlecock made from the right wing of a duck instead of the left?

If you continue to clutch this quickly you'll have no hope of contending for a medal in pick up sticks in 2010 young fellow.
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

Quote Originally Posted by Shounak

The race is still on...
    If they find their way back to the village they should be awarded joint gold for orienteering.

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco
    I think it was the English girl sneaking into the better position for the baton change was it not? I'm not sure what we did that was supposed to qualify as cheating in the badminton...did we smuggle in a shuttlecock made from the right wing of a duck instead of the left?

If you continue to clutch this quickly you'll have no hope of contending for a medal in pick up sticks in 2010 young fellow.
    Illegal serving:

Trans-Tasman rivalry burst on to centre-court and spilled off-court at an intense Commonwealth Games badminton session yesterday, with a frustrated Geoff Bellingham being red-carded after calling his Australian doubles opponents cheats during the match.

Bellingham's outburst against Travis Denney and Ashley Brehaut effectively cost New Zealand the match as they were locked 19-19 in the final set, playing to see who would progress to the semifinals today. The red card meant Australia gained a point and the serve and won the match on the next serve.

"In badminton, on the serve, you have to hold your racquet beneath the waist," said Bellingham after the match.

"They weren't. They had been holding it above the waist about six times. We had complained to the officials about it but no one was calling it.

"I let the emotion of the moment get to me. I shouldn't have let it affect me. Usually you get a yellow card but, apparently, you can't call anyone a cheat."
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/st...ectID=10374365

Served illegally in the badminton. In the relay the Aussie practically ushered the Brit ahead of her knowing it'd get her disqualified - because the Aussie team was pathetic enough to appeal it. It was very bad sportsmanship at the very least.

Still if you want to be in denial about it, there's nothing I can say that'll convince you.

Served illegally in the badminton. In the relay the Aussie practically ushered the Brit ahead of her knowing it'd get her disqualified - because the Aussie team was pathetic enough to appeal it.

Still if you want to be in denial about it, there's nothing I can say that'll convince you.
    So the Brit was an idiot is what you're saying? Incapable of thinking for herself and going "Hang on...I'm in the wrong spot". From what I understand of the situation it's not actually illegal to serve like that (or at least that's one of the explanations we got here! haha). Are you on the UN Board of Sporting Relations? I'd expect not...you do spot a chance and take it though, so well done.

So the Brit was an idiot is what you're saying? Incapable of thinking for herself and going "Hang on...I'm in the wrong spot". From what I understand of the situation it's not actually illegal to serve like that (or at least that's one of the explanations we got here! haha). Are you on the UN Board of Sporting Relations? I'd expect not...you do spot a chance and take it though, so well done.
    Oh right and you know the regulations better than a professional badminton player as well then. As I said earlier:

Oh right and you know the regulations better than a professional badminton player as well then. As I said earlier:

No, of course not, that's why I said "AT LEAST, THAT'S WHAT WE WERE TOLD HERE HA HA HA HA"

You're right, I'll work on the denial thing from my end and you see what you can do about the relay...quite obviously Tamsyn Lewis should have tapped the English girl on the shoulder while her teammate was streaking down the straight towards her and said "Excuse me, it's come to my attention that you seem to be coveting my spot in the line up, would you mind changing places before the point of exchange is upon us!?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information