• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** QLD v NSW State of Origin Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blaze said:
Wiki is already the number 1 prop in the NRL...
Wiki is good and has a lot of passion, but i dont think hes better than Webcke, Bailey or O'Meley...

Craig

World Traveller
Mister Wright said:
Damn straight. Despite what the NRL and mothers of this country say, when I go to an origin game, I want to see a biff, that's what Origin is all about for me.
Agreed, the 1995 all-in brawl at the MCG was what attracted me about Origin and that Fatty Vautin getting a bunch of losers compared to the NSW team and motivating his team (his techniques were/are legendary IMO).

BoyBrumby

Englishman
broncoman said:
lol yeh Bailey is all quality, will take over the mantle as number 1 prop next year when Webcke retires...
If you're only talking NRL then possibly, but Fielden is the best in the world just now & it isn't close either.

Simon

BoyBrumby said:
If you're only talking NRL then possibly, but Fielden is the best in the world just now & it isn't close either.
again Fielden is good, but with Webcke we are talking about a guy who has been the number one player in his position for a decade...

people can say theres 4 or 5 who are good now, but sustaining it over a long period of time is another story...

currently though Bailey is better than Fielden anyway imo...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
broncoman said:
again Fielden is good, but with Webcke we are talking about a guy who has been the number one player in his position for a decade...

people can say theres 4 or 5 who are good now, but sustaining it over a long period of time is another story...

We'll just have to agree to disagree there then.

The word round the campfire is that we should get a chance to see how Fielden goes in the NRL soon, Titans fancy him for their debut season.

Blaze

Banned
broncoman said:
I agree with Brumby... Fielden is the best in the world easily.

Wiki is better than Bailey IMO but not by much (kiwi bias coming through)

Simon

BoyBrumby said:
We'll just have to agree to disagree there then.

The word round the campfire is that we should get a chance to see how Fielden goes in the NRL soon, Titans fancy him for their debut season.
you pretty much answered my point there, the NRL is without doubt a crapload more competitive than the ESL, and being called the best prop in the world will require fielden to come out here and perform week in week out, playing the odd test match and WCC game wont be enough imo...
Look at Jamie Lyon, he was a very good player here, a strong running centre who performed well and in the ESL he carves up and now people claim hes the worlds best centre, im sorry though until its done in the NRL it just doesnt have the same impact...

steds

Hall of Fame Member
For mine, on his day Fielden is the best in the world. However, he went missing against Saints and Leeds this year. Not a sign of a good leader and/or a great player when he isn't performing against the best team in the comp and his team's fierce local rivals.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
no way, hes rubbish, i know we are short of forwards but this guy never puts in for any team he plays for, really hes just a big waste of space...
Yet again I agree with Simon on State of Origin selection matters. Gee Simon, if you & I were Qld's selectors the meeting would take about 5 minutes...:)

Simon

Mister Wright said:
Yet again I agree with Simon on State of Origin selection matters. Gee Simon, if you & I were Qld's selectors the meeting would take about 5 minutes...:)
and schifcofske would have played a lot more State of Origin :p

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
i wouldnt go that far...
That's why it's taking 5 minutes.

1 minute for me to agree I was only joking, then we'll nominate Lockyer captain and select the rest of the side in another minute. Then we'll spend the remaining 3 minutes laughing when one of us says "Oh, what about Rhys Wesser."

Simon

Mister Wright said:
That's why it's taking 5 minutes.

1 minute for me to agree I was only joking, then we'll nominate Lockyer captain and select the rest of the side in another minute. Then we'll spend the remaining 3 minutes laughing when one of us says "Oh, what about Rhys Wesser."
....then we know the meeting is over

Craig

World Traveller
Pity you two aren't a FOG and then you two would have your way on the selection panel.

(Former Origin Greats)

Clarence

U19 Cricketer
broncoman said:
you pretty much answered my point there, the NRL is without doubt a crapload more competitive than the ESL, and being called the best prop in the world will require fielden to come out here and perform week in week out, playing the odd test match and WCC game wont be enough imo...
Look at Jamie Lyon, he was a very good player here, a strong running centre who performed well and in the ESL he carves up and now people claim hes the worlds best centre, im sorry though until its done in the NRL it just doesnt have the same impact...
Lyon was the best centre in the NRL for at least a season maybe more.