• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** QLD v NSW State of Origin Thread

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
sideshowtim said:
Is Kimmorley even gonna be in the mix this year? He had a good game last week.
He hasn't even played the Sharks last two matches due to injury ...

Cloete

International Captain
sideshowtim said:
Is Kimmorley even gonna be in the mix this year? He had a good game last week.
Let's hope so. Can certainly execute a nice cut-out pass to Matty Bowen.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
sideshowtim said:
Ah okay, must've been their replacement halfback putting through all those good kicks :laugh: I just saw on the highlights their number 7 doing a fair bit. Who filled in?
Dykes, had a blinder in the second half against the Cowboys.

Cloete

International Captain
sideshowtim said:
Ah okay, must've been their replacement halfback putting through all those good kicks :laugh: I just saw on the highlights their number 7 doing a fair bit. Who filled in?
They had some new kid at five-eighth who also had a good one. Dykes was on fire in that 2nd half though.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cloete said:
They had some new kid at five-eighth who also had a good one. Dykes was on fire in that 2nd half though.
Kearney isnt new, he use to play for Souths, hes doing ok now hes at a better club but hes a decent first grader at best...

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
Kearney isnt new, he use to play for Souths, hes doing ok now hes at a better club but hes a decent first grader at best...
That one slipped under the radar...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blaze said:
QLD better win... revive some competition. The last 5 years have been very dissapointing.
That has more to do with our ****** selectors than anything. I wonder how long it will take before their position is reviewed. Should have happened already IMO.

Simon

Mister Wright said:
That has more to do with our ****** selectors than anything. I wonder how long it will take before their position is reviewed. Should have happened already IMO.
Qld are too proud for that, these guys will be there until they have had enough, which means we'll never see Schifcofske in a maroon jersey again...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
Qld are too proud for that, these guys will be there until they have had enough, which means we'll never see Schifcofske in a maroon jersey again...
Yeah, it's a real shame. At least we have a coach who won't be worried about going hard on his star club players in the opposition side this year.

Simon

Mister Wright said:
Yeah, it's a real shame. At least we have a coach who won't be worried about going hard on his star club players in the opposition side this year.
lol, maybe it will be the other way around with Murray not wanting his cowboys to get injured or anything :p

Simon

Ross is a cat and Orford, well im sure everyone knows what i think of his ability...

howardj

International Coach
broncoman said:
My mother retrieves the ball quicker than he does. :p

sideshowtim

Banned
Queensland players these days don't seem to take as much pride in playing for Queensland as they used to? Who could ever forget Billy Moore screaming "QUEENSLANDER" down the tunnel as they walked on to the field? Now I'm a NSW fan but that made me shiver....Just showed how much wearing the jersey meant to them. I think one thing Stuart did very well was instilled pride in the Blues jersey.

Simon

i think in previous years some qld players could be accused of not putting in, but when you see a guy like crocker play in Origin it shows there is still a lot of pride in the jersey...