• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** QLD v NSW State of Origin Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i wouldnt be too unhappy with either Prince or Thurston, but i think Thurston has the inside running at this stage...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
broncoman said:
i wouldnt be too unhappy with either Prince or Thurston, but i think Thurston has the inside running at this stage...
Prince is a classical halfback and had such a good 2004 series, his combination with Lockyer in that series was pretty good. Thurston would be a great asset to have coming off the bench in an origin.

howardj

International Coach
My team has changed a bit

Bowen
Tate
Hodges
Bell
Inglis
Lockyer
Thurston

Harrison
Johnson
Crocker
Price
Payne
Civoniceva

- Webb
- Ross
- Jensen
- Marsh

howardj

International Coach
NSW

Minichiello
Tahu
Cooper
Gasnier
Grothe
Barrett
Johns (Gower)

Kennedy
O'Donnell
Hindmarsh
Mason
Buderus
Bailey

- Simpson
- Menzies
- Toupou
- Wing

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
The three-quarters is an interesting decision that has to be made. Gasnier is a certainty for mine. However, the other centre position and two wings is a real tough call between Cooper, King, Tahu, and Grothe. They will certainly be playing for Origin spots in the coming weeks.

sideshowtim

Banned
this series should be excellent, there is going to be more talent out there this year than years in the recent past. still i'm predicting a 3-0 clean sweep to the blues :D

Simon

sideshowtim said:
this series should be excellent, there is going to be more talent out there this year than years in the recent past. still i'm predicting a 3-0 clean sweep to the blues :D
im predicting you'll be wrong :p

Qld 2-1

Simon

we dont particularly need to win (although it would be nice), but we definately have to be more competitive in Sydney, we seem to get beaten there every year and usually pretty easily now...

Simon

sideshowtim said:
I might be wrong but didn't Joey say he wouldn't be playing rep. footy anymore to concentrate on his hopeless Knights?
no he said he wasnt going to play origin, but still wanted to play in the ANZAC test, it now seems its all or nothing, so i suggest we'll see him playing for NSW this year...

sideshowtim

Banned
broncoman said:
no he said he wasnt going to play origin, but still wanted to play in the ANZAC test, it now seems its all or nothing, so i suggest we'll see him playing for NSW this year...
I hope he plays for NSW...but if he doesn't we still have Orford who had a blinder on Sunday.

Simon

Gower and Barrett are ahead of Orford imo, he has still never stood up in a big match at club level, im not convinced he'd handle the pressure of origin tbh...

* i can see this comment coming back to bite me on the rear end in a few months*

sideshowtim

Banned
broncoman said:
Gower and Barrett are ahead of Orford imo, he has still never stood up in a big match at club level, im not convinced he'd handle the pressure of origin tbh...

* i can see this comment coming back to bite me on the rear end in a few months*
Is Kimmorley even gonna be in the mix this year? He had a good game last week.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:

I'm going to agree with that. It's even been shown in the last two rounds. He had a blinder against the Dogs when they were on the front foot. However, against the Dragons he hardly had any impact. When it got tight he put in a silly grubber in his own half, giving the Dragons field position and that set led to a Dragons try.

Perosnally, I can't go past Gower for halfback. He has what it takes in terms of ability and attitude.

Simon

sideshowtim said:
Is Kimmorley even gonna be in the mix this year? He had a good game last week.
kimmorley didnt play last week, hes out for a month...

sideshowtim

Banned
broncoman said:
kimmorley didnt play last week, hes out for a month...
Ah okay, must've been their replacement halfback putting through all those good kicks :laugh: I just saw on the highlights their number 7 doing a fair bit. Who filled in?