• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** QLD v NSW State of Origin Thread

Blaze

Banned
Yeah Buderus is a good player, but is over-hyped for sure.

Personally I would have Brett Finch in there somewhere. What a player!

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Buderus is awesome, twice the player priddis is, imo Bedsy is one of the 5 most important players to Australia...

howardj

International Coach
broncoman said:
Buderus is awesome, twice the player priddis is, imo Bedsy is one of the 5 most important players to Australia...
Now that Johns is retired, he'd be the first player picked in the Australian team.

Be a huge blow to NSW if he pulls out.

He'll play though.

Simon

Mason, Lockyer, Buderus, Minichiello, Gasnier and Hindmarsh...
ant split those 6 as to whose the most important...

Craig

World Traveller
Blaze said:
Yeah Buderus is a good player, but is over-hyped for sure.

Personally I would have Brett Finch in there somewhere. What a player!
Either you are sarcastic or that is the first time I have heard that? :unsure: :huh: :blink: :-O

Simon

Craig said:
Either you are sarcastic or that is the first time I have heard that? :unsure: :huh: :blink: :-O
i was gonna say theres no way he could be serious, but remember hes a Warriors supporter and hes used to mediocrity...

Craig

World Traveller
I suppose it is good that Queensland is enjoying a problem-free run up to Game 1 whereas NSW has been drama-pacted with injuries and injury scares.

Craig

World Traveller
Well if they are out of Game 1 and Queensland don't win Game 1 then they never will win at Telstra Stadium.

howardj

International Coach
Wally Lewis - who reads the sports news in Brisbane - just said that Craig Gower has been injured and that, wait for it, they've sent an SOS to bloody Joey Johns. :laugh:
Qld are gooorne.

oz_fan

International Regular
howardj said:
Wally Lewis - who reads the sports news in Brisbane - just said that Craig Gower has been injured and that, wait for it, they've sent an SOS to bloody Joey Johns. :laugh:
Qld are gooorne.
Apparently Johns has said he won't be playing because he doesn't know the set moves and doesn't feel he is ready.

Matt Orford is also injured and would be in doubt.

IMO if Orford is injured NSW should move Wing to halfback and play Priddis off the bench. I really hope they don't call on Brett Finch.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
whatever way they go, NSW will get pumped... They have a half who will have not even trained with the side and a 5/8 who couldnt organise a **** up in a brewery...

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I know he's only had one game back, but Sherwin wouldn't be out of place in the NSW side. Rated highly by yours truely. Not that I care, either way. :laugh:

howardj

International Coach
Yeah, with such a late withdrawl, I guess they went with Finch because of his (Roosters) combination with Anasta.