• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whats so good about the Commonwealth Games?

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
And when you thrown in the fact that we get to hear Rabs Warren commentate before 1am here in the southern states for once...

Imagine Darrell and Rabs commentating together. That'd be amazing. Amazing.

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
eastlake is a terrible commentator. he gets so fired up about little girls liftirng weights. he just shouts.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I don`t mind them at all. It has sport and sport is good.

Anyone else see that Canadian weightlifter. She certainly goes against the stereotypes.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
benchmark00 said:
Eastlakes a gun.

"Beat a bunch of would-be tacklers..."
That'd be Rabs, wouldn't it?

Did Eastlake ever do anything else besides weightlifting and grand prix stuff?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
vic_orthdox said:

Nah, he did a bit of rugby league commentating at one stage if I am to believe Billy Birmingham

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
vic_orthdox said:

Burps is onto it.

12th man cd, Dashing Darrell Eastlake.

cpr

International Coach
The Commonwealth Games are great, its like the Olympics, without the Yanks winning everything, and the Commies injecting their women with Steroids.

And of course England can actually win golds, especially if we suspend the membership of states who might nick gold. (Heard yesterday how one Zimbabwean cant defend her gold because of suspension)

Of course theres nothing more fun than watching the competitor from Guernsey/Isle of Man getting trashed by the Aussies at swimming.

Langeveldt

Soutie
cpr said:
The Commonwealth Games are great, its like the Olympics, without the Yanks winning everything, and the Commies injecting their women with Steroids
Interesting you should say that, I've been reading how the chinese "groom" their future gymnasts by taking them away from their families aged 13-14 and basically robbing them of a childhood while grounding them into becoming gold medallists..

Add to that their human rights record and you have to wonder how many dollars went under the table when they were awarded the olympic games :laugh:

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Langeveldt said:
Interesting you should say that, I've been reading how the chinese "groom" their future gymnasts by taking them away from their families aged 13-14 and basically robbing them of a childhood while grounding them into becoming gold medallists..
I read an article about something like that happening to that Chinese basketballer in the NBA, can't remember his name off the top of my head. Also, I heard something ridiculous that they get athletic people to mate with other athletic people to maximise the chances of people being naturally talented.

cpr

International Coach
James said:
Watch it please, no personal abuse.
To be fair, its not really personal abuse when he sums me up so perfectly ;)

And dont worry steds, i was only joking.

The yanks do it to :)

Langeveldt

Soutie
burkey_1988 said:
I read an article about something like that happening to that Chinese basketballer in the NBA, can't remember his name off the top of my head. Also, I heard something ridiculous that they get athletic people to mate with other athletic people to maximise the chances of people being naturally talented.
Mate with, haha

Tactfully done