• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Whats so good about the Commonwealth Games?

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
I have no problem with the Commonwealth Games. Remember that many of the events in the Games do not get much in the way of tv coverage despite their worldwide popularity, so its good for those sports to get exposure as well as giving fans of those sports a chance to watch them. (god, what an awful sentence!)

For instance, I am definately looking forward to watching some hockey on tv as we don't get to see all that much of it normally.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Barney Rubble said:
Constant footy = good.
Constant cricket = better.
Constant squash, bowls, roller hockey, handball, judo etc = rubbish.
There's handball at the Commonwealth Games? I'll have to try and catch that. Aussie handballers are on a level with third division Swedish club teams...and they're probably the best of the lot... :laugh:

Umpire Money

State Vice-Captain
The only good thing i see is that it will be on TV and therefore i already know not to go to channel 9. hope something good is on the other channels

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
C'mon the Green Ferns!!!!!!!

(my name for the NZ lawn bowlers of the female persuasion)

Chubb

International Regular
I like the Commonwealth Games, but I think it's an outdated concept. Whilst it is very good and fun to see so many small places like Norfolk Island, Saint Helena and the Falklands compete, I dislike the association with the monarch. I don't understand why Mrs. Windsor should be present at the opening of the games. I'd like all nations in the Commonwealth to be Republics because otherwise it still has the associations with Empire and all that entails.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
I just think Commonwealth games are just tooo boring, never have been interested and i don't think i ever will be.. that doesn't mean i wont watch it.. i will watch anything on tv.. but wouldn't pay money to watch it..

anyway go the assies and lets hope INDIA wins a medal or two.. i wouldn't mind if its few but lets just aim low here..

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Umpire Money said:
The only good thing i see is that it will be on TV and therefore i already know not to go to channel 9. hope something good is on the other channels

nah Ch 7 are pulling all their big shows while the games are on.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:
Any sport is good sport, except soccer and rugby league ofcourse.
Says the GayFL fan.

I oppose the Commonwealth games for as long as we have a monarch. As soon as her and her ****ing family are lined up and shot, I'll be a fan of the games.