• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Commonwealth Games Thread

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Well, I'm going. Athletics, methinks. Folks have tickets to the gymnastics as well, but don't think I'll go.

Worst part of the two weeks? Definently that Mark Nicholas is doing some hosting. Urgh.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Big controversy over here about "God Save the Queen" not being played at the Opening Ceremony. Because the queen will actually be here and stuff.

Should be playing it, IMO.

Also, the accommodation at the athletes' village doesn't have air conditioning. How dumb is that?

Hehe.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
Big controversy over here about "God Save the Queen" not being played at the Opening Ceremony. Because the queen will actually be here and stuff.
:D
**** the queen. :punk: :cool2:

I, for one, want to repeatedly hit anybody I see singing that ****ing song (or infact saying anything positive about the royal family) with a large blunt object (anything will do) until they aren't physically able to glorify that rich, inbred fart any more. :ranting:

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
God Save the Queen is going to be played isnt it? just not in full.

The squash should be massive...

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
yeh just heard the news, how stupid can it get..
not having air-con...

and also there are sooooo many tickets left for sale.. aparently no one wants to go to the games.. i wonder why :p

Chubb

International Regular
I hope that the Norfolk Island bowls team can take home another medal, and all the small islands get a little glory.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Justin Madden himself came up to me, begging me to accept VIP tickets to the swimming & athletic finals. That's how low interest levels are ;)

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Send Mark Nicholas and the Queen to Canada. That will make everything alright.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The reason why its struggling at the minute is because this bloke's the minister for sport in Victoria.

howardj

International Coach
benchmark00 said:
The reason why its struggling at the minute is because this bloke's the minister for sport in Victoria.

Yeah, with Madden at the helm, Im sure everything will go like clock-work. :laugh:

Mind you, he's probably got Bracks covered!

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
howardj said:
Yeah, with Madden at the helm, Im sure everything will go like clock-work. :laugh:

Mind you, he's probably got Bracks covered!
You can be assured that Madden would palm off all the work.

Could ruck tap.

howardj

International Coach
vic_orthdox said:
You can be assured that Madden would palm off all the work.

Could ruck tap.
:laugh: Both good blokes, though.

...and both probably still wondering when the Americans are arriving.