• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NRL Sportal Comp 2006

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
BoyBrumby said:
First set of results are up. My reigning champions edge out BM's much-fancied PSV Eindhoven by just two points! Like I said, it's a marathon.... :p

A few of the big guns suffer first round reverses: along with broncoman, Blewy & Bugs also come second in their match-ups. Anthony's impressive 85 points earns him the early lead from Cloete's Roaring Crushers. Blaze occupies the early wooden-spoon position like his beloved Warriors, but at least he doesn't have their 4-point handicap to make up!

CRICKETWEB.NET ROUND 1 - RESULTS
PSV Eindhoven 54 def by 56 Stuntney St George
Canberra Raiders 55 def by 79 Coast Raiders
caves beach knight 49 def by 78 incredibles
Blazers 30 def by 85 Watson's Eagles
Code Hotel 56 def by 66 Slats Children
Red Vees 29 def by 62 Roaring Crushers

1. Watson's Eagles (Anthony) 1-0 85 (+55) 2
2. Roaring Crushers (Andrew) 1-0 62 (+33) 2
3. incredibles (Jake) 1-0 78 (+29) 2
4. Coast Raiders (Adam) 1-0 79 (+24) 2
5. Slats Children (Ian) 1-0 66 (+10) 2
6. Stuntney St George (Dale) 1-0 56 (+2) 2
7. PSV Eindhoven (Simon) 0-1 54 (-2) 0
8. Code Hotel (Brendon) 0-1 56 (-10) 0
9. Canberra Raiders (Michael) 0-1 55 (-24) 0
10. caves beach knight (rob) 0-1 49 (-29) 0
11. Red Vees (Stephen) 0-1 29 (-33) 0
12. Blazers (Matt) 0-1 30 (-55) 0

nice mate a good quick read keep it up.....

Cloete

International Captain
broncoman said:
too bad those who dont have El Masri... 36 points later lol...
haha yaeh :laugh:

I'm having a great time with captains this year, toss up between Tonga and Gasnier last week so I go Tonga. Toss up between El Magic and the Gas this week and I got Gas. Let's hope, for my sake :p, the Dragons score 50 odd on the back of 4 Gasnier tries.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Cloete said:
haha yaeh :laugh:

I'm having a great time with captains this year, toss up between Tonga and Gasnier last week so I go Tonga. Toss up between El Magic and the Gas this week and I got Gas. Let's hope, for my sake :p, the Dragons score 50 odd on the back of 4 Gasnier tries.

i am the same mate lol i had out of my side last week thurston and elmasri was my captain, thsi week i changed em and he goes out and hits that many poiints lol.........

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think practically everyone has El Masri as kicker! Anyone with him as skip tho is gonna carve it up.

I'm hoping for a Carney hat-trick to soften the blow! :p

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
BoyBrumby said:
I think practically everyone has El Masri as kicker! Anyone with him as skip tho is gonna carve it up.

I'm hoping for a Carney hat-trick to soften the blow! :p
He doesn't get double points for points scored form kick though?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
burkey_1988 said:
He doesn't get double points for points scored form kick though?
No true, but he ran 4 tries over too tho. So if he was your skipper he'd have got you an extra 18 points (4 tries plus 2 points for the win).

Menzies got himself carded, the divot. That's cost me 5.... :@

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
BoyBrumby said:
No true, but he ran 4 tries over too tho. So if he was your skipper he'd have got you an extra 18 points (4 tries plus 2 points for the win).

Menzies got himself carded, the divot. That's cost me 5.... :@
ah thats a shame :p
dale, ur playing my brother and he doesn't have El Masri, thurston was his kicker so its safe to say ur probably gonna win that one...

Simon

i got 96, although a few selection stuff ups meant i didnt crack the century...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
As another round goes by three teams still have perfect records: Jake's incredibles (who lead on points difference at this early stage), Cloete's Roaring Crushers and my very own Stuntney St George. :)

Three managers open their accounts this week: broncoman (who top scores for the round with a healthy 96), bugs, whose caves beach knight thump the first round's leaders Watson's Eagles & burkey who doesn't disgrace the Red Vee this week with a rather easy win over Slats.

Blewy's rather surprisingly still to register a win after two rounds & it looks like being a long season over in NZ with Blaze still propping things up.

CRICKETWEB.NET ROUND 2 - RESULTS
PSV Eindhoven 96 def 38 Coast Raiders
Canberra Raiders 31 def by 67 Stuntney St George
caves beach knight 78 def 48 Watson's Eagles
Blazers 30 def by 75 incredibles
Code Hotel 64 def by 72 Roaring Crushers
Red Vees 51 def 21 Slats Children

1. incredibles (Jake) 2-0 153 (+74) 4
2. Roaring Crushers (Andrew) 2-0 134 (+41) 4
3. Stuntney St George (Dale) 2-0 123 (+38) 4
4. PSV Eindhoven (Simon) 1-1 150 (+56) 2
5. Watson's Eagles (Anthony) 1-1 133 (+25) 2
6. caves beach knight (rob) 1-1 127 (+1) 2
7. Red Vees (Stephen) 1-1 80 (-3) 2
8. Slats Children (Ian) 1-1 87 (-20) 2
9. Coast Raiders (Adam) 1-1 117 (-34) 2
10. Code Hotel (Brendon) 0-2 120 (-18) 0
11. Canberra Raiders (Michael) 0-2 86 (-60) 0
12. Blazers (Matt) 0-2 60 (-100) 0

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Poor start, need to start making more sensible selections, both weeks now i've left players out of the 17 who have cleaned up points wise.. rather silly....

Simon

Blewy said:
Poor start, need to start making more sensible selections, both weeks now i've left players out of the 17 who have cleaned up points wise.. rather silly....
actually its just ur lack of rugby league knowledge coming through...

Blaze

Banned
**** I forgot I was in this, sorry guys.

Will start to select substitutes and play this thing properly so I am not an easy beat every week.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
actually its just ur lack of rugby league knowledge coming through...
Yeah that must be it...

Coming from someone who said Canberra would make the 8.. .HAHAHA

Simon

Blewy said:
Yeah that must be it...

Coming from someone who said Canberra would make the 8.. .HAHAHA
stranger things have happened...
you have to remember they again have the worst injury crisis of any side, and its only round 3...