• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NRL 2006 Thread

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Cowboys have been very very ordinary the last 2 weeks... I think they may have started to read the papers a little to much...

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Blewy said:
Belter?? From what im hearing both teams decided that tackling was to much an effort so they decided not to bother...
The defence wasn't the best, but I'd much rather watch a game like that than a 10 - 4 slog or a game where there's only one side in it.

And **** off, Tharmi.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
When you don't play well and things don't go your way, you are bound to lose. Storm didn't deserve to win, but the Dragons deserved to lose more. However, I'm going to have another rant about the referees. They are absolute crap. The end.

Did anyone else see the Dragons-Storm match?

Blaze

Banned
burkey_1988 said:
When you don't play well and things don't go your way, you are bound to lose. Storm didn't deserve to win, but the Dragons deserved to lose more. However, I'm going to have another rant about the referees. They are absolute crap. The end.

Did anyone else see the Dragons-Storm match?
Yes, and the Storm did deserve to win.

Archer had a good game IMO other than sending that guy to the sin bin.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
steds said:
Broncos - Raiders is a belter.
it was alright, brisbane showed character in coming back from 18 behind, geez we were ordinary in the first half, but there were a lot of positives in the 2nd 40...

Craig

World Traveller
I must admit, apart for a couple of games (you know when Newcastle ran 70 up against them and a few others) they have been a lot more competitive then what I thought they would be.

howardj

International Coach
broncoman said:
it was alright, brisbane showed character in coming back from 18 behind, geez we were ordinary in the first half, but there were a lot of positives in the 2nd 40...
Schiffers had a shocker though.

Just kiddin'

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Blaze said:
Yes, and the Storm did deserve to win.

Archer had a good game IMO other than sending that guy to the sin bin.
How many stupid penalties does he want to blow and that sin binning was a fairly crucial call.

Craig

World Traveller
burkey_1988 said:
How many stupid penalties does he want to blow and that sin binning was a fairly crucial call.
Maybe the players shouldn't give them away?

That might be a start...

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Craig said:
Maybe the players shouldn't give them away?

That might be a start...
Friday night had a total of 5 penalties, allowing for a good fair game. However, if Tony Archer had been officiating he would have found quite a few more. Referees need to stop being so picky and not be so harsh on the defending team. I really am sick of referees having such a large, and unnecessary, influence on the game.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
BoyBrumby said:
For Mr Wright's comp:

Panthers
Cowboys
Broncos
Dragons
Warriors
Knights
Sea Eagles

Changed my mind on two in mid-week, Storm-Dragons & Warriors-Dogs, so if they go the way of my original thinking I'll be gutted. I'm banking on Cronk being out for Melbourne.
That is such a kick in the nads! If I'd have trusted my instincts I'd have had 5/7. :@ :p

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Blaze said:
Archer did a good job. The Dragons were their own worst enemy.
He gave penalties, both ways, that were just unwarranted. It ruins the game, one thing that really frustrates me when watching most matches.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
burkey_1988 said:
I don't think so. It was a silly call, for sure, but after the first 10 minutes or so the Dragons didn't look like winning so I don't think that sinbinning really made a lot of difference.

Odd that the Dragons have been so hot and cold this season. Weren't they the bookie's favourite at the start of the year?

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
burkey_1988 said:
He gave penalties, both ways, that were just unwarranted. It ruins the game, one thing that really frustrates me when watching most matches.
I reckon that might just be a little frustration on your part there mate. For the most part the refs do alright. If the players would stop holding down in the tackle so much there wouldn't be so much of a problem.

If you really want to see penalties ruining a game, watch rugby union.

Craig

World Traveller
mundaneyogi said:
I don't think so. It was a silly call, for sure, but after the first 10 minutes or so the Dragons didn't look like winning so I don't think that sinbinning really made a lot of difference.

Odd that the Dragons have been so hot and cold this season. Weren't they the bookie's favourite at the start of the year?
Yep and have been like that for a few seasons now.

I mean it was in 2004 where Peter Stirling said the all top 4 sides and the Dragons were capable of winning the competition, but wait they haven't.

Most over-rated team IMO.