• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NRL 2006 Thread

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
imo Chris Anderson is a more likely canberra coach...
Heard a rumour or just your own opinion?

I have never really been an Anderson fan. Johnny Lang on the other hand is a genius in my opinion. He always did well with the Sharks, but never won a comp, and then coached the Panthers to a fairy tale premiership.

howardj

International Coach
broncoman said:
imo Chris Anderson is a more likely canberra coach...
Let me guess....if he takes a three year deal, before it expires he will have:

- managed to offend everyone;
- won a premiership;
- ended friendships;
- been sacked by the board.

Always entertaining, though! :laugh:

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
burkey_1988 said:
Heard a rumour or just your own opinion?

I have never really been an Anderson fan. Johnny Lang on the other hand is a genius in my opinion. He always did well with the Sharks, but never won a comp, and then coached the Panthers to a fairy tale premiership.
bit of both, ive got a high opinion of Anderson as a coach, sure his game plan is a bit one dimentional, but it wins matches. (its also one more dimention than the raiders game plan currently has)...
but i have heard over the past week or so that Anderson is the most likely to get the job, someone has said to me that the raiders probably wont consider John Lang because of his stubbon nature in contract talks, with Smith going to Parramatta it really only leaves Anderson or Neil Henry, who i wouldnt write off yet...

Simon

howardj said:
Let me guess....if he takes a three year deal, before it expires he will have:

- managed to offend everyone;
- won a premiership;
- ended friendships;
- been sacked by the board.

Always entertaining, though! :laugh:
add multiple heart attacks and ur about spot on, if he does get the job and has to watch the raiders run around this year he will probably have a heart attack caused by their **** poor attacking options...

Simon

great win from the knights, raiders and panthers tonight...
raiders were most impressive in beating manly i think, they looked quite sharp and were always gonna win, bulldogs look to have massive issues even this early on, panthers wont do that well this season but bulldogs probably wont do much better themselves on tonights showing...

P.S how awesome is it now the footy is back!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Big result for the Raiders, lotta people writing them off as wooden spoonists. Nice to see Brian Carney get over the line on debut too.

What I love about the NRL is the fact that anyone can beat anyone else; guess that's one of the virtues of the salary cap.

Makes tipping an absolute sod tho: I'm 1/4 so far (Knights).... :laugh:

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
broncoman said:
great win from the knights, raiders and panthers tonight...
raiders were most impressive in beating manly i think, they looked quite sharp and were always gonna win, bulldogs look to have massive issues even this early on, panthers wont do that well this season but bulldogs probably wont do much better themselves on tonights showing...

P.S how awesome is it now the footy is back!

i agree the raiders where very impressive and the eagles where woeful, but they always are. great win for the knightsm, parra threw every thing at em and we got home ina convincing win so its all good......penrith played well aswell....lewis had a blinder out in the centres.......

and i love my super saturdays

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
burkey_1988 said:
Dragons!

Who else reckons crossbars should be gotten rid of?

lol on a serious note i just can not get into the dragons, considering the team and players they have they are always so under achieving......they really do annoy me......

BoyBrumby

Englishman
bugssy said:
lol on a serious note i just can not get into the dragons, considering the team and players they have they are always so under achieving......they really do annoy me......
TBF they started last season like a sack of poo too, only came good later on.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
bugssy said:
I don't think you can glean too much from last night. I'm not too worried to be honest. However, if we play like that later in the year I'll be disapointed.

And last year, we came equal 1st and lost to the eventual premiers who were on fire.

Simon

look how crap dragons played at the start of last year... they'll come good...
was funny to see benji get hammered, im sick of hearing about him, maybe SBW can lend him a tissue...

penrith werent that impressive imo rob, they only just beat a completely out of sorts side. Gower and Campell played well but they'll clearly get smashed off the park when they come up against a team with fowards actually going foward...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Are you serious?? When has Marshall ever whinged??? The guy played the whole second half with a fractured Cheekbone, Including setting up the winning try...

John Sattler is made out to be a GOD cause he played with a Broken Jaw but Benji needs a tissue??

Me finks someone is bitter because Benji is a thousand times better then Karmichael ;)

Blaze

Banned
broncoman said:
was funny to see benji get hammered, im sick of hearing about him, maybe SBW can lend him a tissue...
Nice fishing...

I am sick of Phil Gould blowing his load over Marshall too but that's life.

I am also sick of him talking the Dragons up as champions.

Bloody couragous from Marshall on Friday to continue on, setting up the match winning try will only make the media talk him up even more.

Simon

im just sick of hearing how the sun shines out of his **** everytime he does something good, lets face it, 75 minutes of his match on friday night was a shocker but ive heard nothing about that, all you hear is how great his pass was to set up that try, just cause hes benji marshall...
im yet to hear anyone rave about the pass of Preston Campbell last night to set up Gower's try which imo was at least its equal...

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Actually in the after match interview Tim sheens said how he was poor, and on Radio yesterday morning he also said that he considered pulling him midway through the 2nd half...

The media do this, They did it with sonny bill as well...

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Does the media have any idea? The panel was raving about the Tigers on the Footy Show this morning and bagging the Dragons. Apparently the Tigers are on fire and the Dragons are in a hole (after only one round mind you), yet the Tigers played just as poorly as the Dragons.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL didnt see that but it doesnt surprise me at all... The media are all crap... they just have a flavour of the month...