• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NRL 2006 Thread

Cloete

International Captain
burkey_1988 said:
Knights are my dark horse
No pun intended? :p

But seriously, I reckon Manly are in with a massive shout this year. I'll be barracking for Brisbane, Manly and the Cowboys :D

Oh, don't bother btw Simon....

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Blaze said:
The NRL is such a tight competiton that these sorts of things are so hard to predict. Who would have predicted the Tigers to win the grand final last year let alone make the 8.

ME :laugh: :laugh: :)

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
burkey_1988 said:
I can't believe I watched the Charity Shield. Worst footy match ever.
LOL yeh it was terrible, so much dropped ball and too many penalties, pretty much like watching a game of yawnion...

Simon

PANIC! said:
Settle down.

The sport that gets both higher attendances and ratings than NRL? ;)
higher rating in states that dont count, must be hard to beat League in the ratings in WA, Vic and SA when itsnot even on FTA down there and when it is its on after midnight...

PANIC!

Cricket Spectator
broncoman said:
higher rating in states that dont count, must be hard to beat League in the ratings in WA, Vic and SA when itsnot even on FTA down there and when it is its on after midnight...
What about attendances? AFL averaging almost 3 times more than NRL every week speaks for itself.

Blaze

Banned
PANIC! said:
What about attendances? AFL averaging almost 3 times more than NRL every week speaks for itself.

Make an AFL thread then. I don't care about the stupid AFL and this isn't the place to talk about it.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
Table after 26 rounds
1 Brisbane
2 Bulldogs
3 eels
4 Knights
5 Dragons
6 Raiders
7 Cowboys
8 Roosters
9 Eagles
10 Tigers
11 Souths
12 Sharks
13 panthers
14 Storm
15 Warriors

Premiers: Dragons
Runners Up: Eels
Prelim finals: Broncos and Raiders
Top Pointscorer: Brett Hodgson
Top Try Scorer: Brett Stewart
State of Origin: Nsw 3 - 0
Other Predictions: Sonny b Willaims will struggle again with injury

GO THE KNIGHTS​

Craig

World Traveller
I'm going to tip that everybody will over-rate the Dragons and yet they will find a way to lose it in the end and I wouldn't write Melbourne off either. If Chris Walker shows the form he is showing in pre-season training then anything is possible.

8-10 would do me.

Simon

Dragons are a funny one yeh, they have heaps of stars, but you only have to look at their fringe players and their reserves squad to see that a few injuries and they are up **** creek...
they have paid a lot for their stars and left themselves in a situation where the backup players are quite rubbish...

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Dragons are a strange club. They never buy any stars. All their players are home-grown juniors. Biggest signing in the last few years ... Best, maybe? There really should be some compensation for actually producing talent instead of poaching it a la the Roosters. Some very good Jersey Flegg players will hopefully make the step up to first grade in the next few seasons.

howardj

International Coach
Why aren't the Broncos down in Sydney chasing Scott Prince? The Tigers have given him permission to speak with Qld clubs, but the Broncos are apparently not happy that Prince's management want the Qld clubs to come to Sydney to talk. Another Wayne Bennett masterstroke - first they let him go (and retain Seymour, Carlaw, Carroll etc) and then refuse to enter into negotiations to get him back. The Titans spoke to him yesterday and are likely to secure his services. Good onya Bennett. I love getting stuck into that guy! :laugh:

Simon

we can do without Prince, for a start he wants a 4 year contract, a player with the injuries hes had certainly doesnt deserve a 4 year deal, Seymour is good enough and Hunt has apparently showed good signs as a halfback, plus i think Berrick Barnes will come back to us after his contract with Union is up...
so id be more than happy if we dont get Prince...

howardj

International Coach
Premiers: St George
Runners Up: Easts
Prelim finals: Parramatta and Canterbury
State of Origin: NSW 2-1

Blaze

Banned
So we start on -4. Fair enough we are probably lucky but still it's guna be a tough old season.

I just hope that the other clubs doing similar things get caught out as well.

Dragons anyone?