• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NRL 2006 Thread

Craig

World Traveller
Well Turner has been fined twice for missing yeasterday's double training session.

At this rate he will have to play for the Titans to pay off his fines :laugh:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
broncoman said:
i hope he ends up sitting out 3 years, will teach him a lesson...
What to sign a contract even if your not 100% sure you want to move clubs. How can you fine someone your not paying?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
chaminda_00 said:
What to sign a contract even if your not 100% sure you want to move clubs. How can you fine someone your not paying?
Correction - Agree to a contract but not sign...

I hope he takes the Titans to court and wins and sticks it right up Michael Searle..

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blewy said:
Correction - Agree to a contract but not sign...

I hope he takes the Titans to court and wins and sticks it right up Michael Searle..

:laugh: :laugh:

I'll build you a bridge Blewy, so you can get over it.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i hate the Titans as much as anyone, but if Turner wants to be playing in the NRL next year it should be for them. Its all a bit silly really, hes not even that good...

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
The more i read and hear about it on TV and Radio, the more it sounds like its the manager's fault. It just seems like a he agreed to terms with Titans, but Turner really didn't want to go. Anyone can see that if he really ever wanted to play for the Titans, he would have signed a contract when on was offered to him. Clearly he just wanted to think about it for a while.

If anyone is at fault IMO its his manager for agreeing to a contract that he didn't want. It just seems unfair to force him to sit out a season, cus his manager clearly didn't talk to his player properly and agreed to a contract he didn't want.

Craig

World Traveller
chaminda_00 said:
Well the twist is that the Titans are actually paying him his wages so in their opinion they have every right to fine him.

Anyway Chris Walker who is a mate of John Cartwright has been trialling with them.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Craig said:
Well the twist is that the Titans are actually paying him his wages so in their opinion they have every right to fine him.

Anyway Chris Walker who is a mate of John Cartwright has been trialling with them.
Why would you pay someone who hasn't signed a contract, thats just dumb on their behalf.

Craig

World Traveller
Well Melbourne could very well have pay the Titans $250k and hand over a few younger players in their junior ranks in compensation to have Turner.

Blewy and Simon what is it you have against the club?

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
John Cartwright and some Titans player with a broken arm were on my plane today. Their aqua shirts nearly blinded me. That's why I hate them.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah, was small and white. Could have been Friend, would have no idea what he looks like without headgear.