• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Official NRL 2006 Thread

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
How long is Crocker facing on the sidelines?

I was sitting across from some Broncos fans on the way home from Suncorp and one of them said Crocker will/is/should get 10 weeks and should of been sent off. Personally I have seen worse and it will be farcial if he got 10 weeks.
2-3 i believe it is...

Craig

World Traveller
With Crocker's poor record I guess it is.

Is it correct Dennis Scott and Jamie Feenney have already been released?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Craig said:
With Crocker's poor record I guess it is.

Is it correct Dennis Scott and Jamie Feenney have already been released?
Dennis Scott retired due to possible serious permanent injury if he continued to play.

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
howardj said:
Rubbish - there was nothing in that tackle.

i agree there was nothing it the tackle but he has a very poor record so that will be his down fall, if there is one. it may only be grade 1 with about 90 odd points and if thats the case he wont get anything.

what about joey johns, has any one heard anything about that. the touch judge come ona nd said joey swore at him...joey said he was swearing in general and not aimed at him, and supposively it was going on report.....stupid touchy.........

also issteve clarke in troule for not taking his touchys call late in the game with an offside call that he didnt penalise. which may have cost the current premiers there season.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
howardj said:
Rubbish - there was nothing in that tackle.
agreed, it shouldn't have been reported to start of with.. just a warning thats all..
but as craig said his record didn't help..

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
alternative said:
agreed, it shouldn't have been reported to start of with.. just a warning thats all..
but as craig said his record didn't help..
I dunno, at first it looked pretty bad. Remember the ref only gets that first look, he doesn't have the luxury of all the replays we do. I don't think Crocker'll get any time off, it's fairly obvious he didn't mean to spear Thaiday.

Simon

bugssy said:
i agree there was nothing it the tackle but he has a very poor record so that will be his down fall, if there is one. it may only be grade 1 with about 90 odd points and if thats the case he wont get anything.

what about joey johns, has any one heard anything about that. the touch judge come ona nd said joey swore at him...joey said he was swearing in general and not aimed at him, and supposively it was going on report.....stupid touchy.........

also issteve clarke in troule for not taking his touchys call late in the game with an offside call that he didnt penalise. which may have cost the current premiers there season.
there is no way anyone can defend what Johns did, he swore at the touchie and he thinks he can do what he likes, i say sucked in to him, enjoy the 3 weeks on the sideline and watch Newcastle's season slide away.

Clark was worse for the Raiders than he was on the tigers. The defence is allowed to move up once the man playing the ball has put his foot on the ball, Carney may have been offside but it was by no more than half a metre and if we are gonna call that we will see 40 offside penalties a match. Tigers quite simply arent one of the best 8 sides and last year was a fluke they dont deserve to make the finals and thank god they wont.

Simon

Mundane Yogi said:
I dunno, at first it looked pretty bad. Remember the ref only gets that first look, he doesn't have the luxury of all the replays we do. I don't think Crocker'll get any time off, it's fairly obvious he didn't mean to spear Thaiday.
hes already been given 2 with the early guilty plea i think...

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
broncoman said:
hes already been given 2 with the early guilty plea i think...
If that's true, it's harsh. Thaiday landed on his back and I don't think it was deliberate. Mind you, with his record the early guilty plea would make sense.

luffy

International Captain
The judiciary is so inconsistent at the moment. They are saying johns will get at least 3 weeks for swearing and Luke O'Donell will get 1 week for a huge elbow in the head.

Simon

Johns is contesting the charge apparently, if he loses he wont be back until the 3rd week of the finals, if he wins he could be playing this weekend.
Im guessing there will be a reduction in his sentence. He'll miss 1 week imo...

luffy

International Captain
Id be more worried if he didnt swear than he did. Honestely they are a couple of words and when in the heat of the battle those are the only two words that come to mind on occasions.

Simon

swearing is one thing, but the biggest name in the sport verbally attacking an official is not on. he only made matters worse by writting in his column in the paper that he wouldnt be apologising and he expected an apology from the touch judge, fair dinkum he isnt bigger than the game, i wish he had of gone to union and he could be their problem.

Craig

World Traveller
Turns out Steve Turner has done an about face on the Gold Coast Titans. Turner had agreeded to sign for the Titans, with out signing a contract or giving a letter of intent to sign for them and sign a contract at a later date.

Obviously feeling could miss out on any future success with the Storm he had a change of mind and re-signed with the Storm for another three seasons.

Obviously though the Titans are checking with the NRL and they want him to honour his comittment. Is this legal what Turner has done?

Matt Hilder has been signed up by the Titans for one year and in the paper they were speculating that he could be in the starting 13 or be on the bench at least.

Simon

Craig said:
Turns out Steve Turner has done an about face on the Gold Coast Titans. Turner had agreeded to sign for the Titans, with out signing a contract or giving a letter of intent to sign for them and sign a contract at a later date.

Obviously feeling could miss out on any future success with the Storm he had a change of mind and re-signed with the Storm for another three seasons.

Obviously though the Titans are checking with the NRL and they want him to honour his comittment. Is this legal what Turner has done?

Matt Hilder has been signed up by the Titans for one year and in the paper they were speculating that he could be in the starting 13 or be on the bench at least.
no contract or letter of intent was ever signed, very unprofessional from the titans, they only have themselves to blame.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I thought it was interesting Turner ever agreed to sign for the Titans when it seemed he was going to be behind Richie Mathers for the fullback spot.