• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super 14 Tipping Contest

Blaze

Banned
Right I am prepared to run this if there is enough interest.

Express any interest that you have in being involved here and then if there is enough I will post the first round fixtures.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Go for it blaze.. i did it last season , should be good this season :)..

wheres that bloke somerset.. he was heavily invovled last season if im not wrong..

Blaze

Banned
lord_of_darkness said:
wheres that bloke somerset.. he was heavily invovled last season if im not wrong..

I speak to him on msn sometimes, I will invite him to join.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
yeah for the people not so familiar with super 14.. they can just pick winners.. but ppl with super 14 knowledge take a go at picking scores aswell.. would make things interesting on a different matter.

Blaze

Banned
Right this is going to be pretty simple stuff. We are not going to bother with margins or anything like that. It will be 1 point for each correct winner that you pick each game.

There will however be one game per week which will reward smart tipping. I will nominate a 'match of the round' each week which will be worth 2 points. The match of the week will be what I consider to be the hardest match of the round to tip.

Any objections to the above rule are welcome. It is just something that I thought could make it easier to gain ground on others and it does reward those who know their rugby (or are good at guessing). I don't really mind either way if we scrape it or not I am not bothered.

(ANY OTHER SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME BTW)

Round 1

Blues - Hurricanes Match of the week
Force - Brumbies
Cheetahs - Bulls
Crusaders - Highlanders
Reds - Waratahs
Cats - Stormers
Sharks - Chiefs

Last edited:

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I tip with my head, not my heart. :p

Although I wouldn't be surprised to see a Highlanders win.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blues
Brumbies
Cheetahs
Crusaders
Waratahs
Cats
Sharks

yes i know i dont have much idea...