• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Fantasy Rugby!!!

Blaze

Banned
Ok everyone, I know that Dale has organised a different fantasy rugby competition for the super 12 but this one is without a doubt the most comprehensive and the best, with points being gained for various different things rather than just tries.

http://www.fantasyrugby.com/s1406/

Join the Cricket Web conference when you are done.

Conference Name: Cricket Web
Password: Bob

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I've given it go, mainly because of the password - haven't a clue about most of the names, so it's pot luck I guess!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Blaze said:
Ok everyone, I know that Dale has organised a different fantasy rugby competition for the super 12 but this one is without a doubt the most comprehensive and the best, with points being gained for various different things rather than just tries.

http://www.fantasyrugby.com/s1406/

Join the Cricket Web conference when you are done.

Conference Name: Cricket Web
Password: Bob
You had me at "Ok"... :wub: :laugh:

I'm in.

Blaze

Banned
Right, I have just completed my side. (Remember you can edit your side before the start of the comp as much as you like)

My Side

Filipo, Ross CRU 0 0 $1,403,250
Willis, Tom CHF 0 0 $1,350,000

Elsom, Rocky WAR 0 0 $1,373,250
Williams, Nick BLU 0 0 $1,238,250

Hewat, Peter WAR 0 0 $1,725,750
McAlister, Luke BLU 0 0 $1,813,500
Weepu, Piri HUR 0 0 $1,553,250

Round 1 team freeze occurs in 7:48 hrs:min

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Blaze said:
Right, I have just completed my side. (Remember you can edit your side before the start of the comp as much as you like)

My Side

Filipo, Ross CRU 0 0 $1,403,250
Willis, Tom CHF 0 0 $1,350,000

Elsom, Rocky WAR 0 0 $1,373,250
Williams, Nick BLU 0 0 $1,238,250

Hewat, Peter WAR 0 0 $1,725,750
McAlister, Luke BLU 0 0 $1,813,500
Weepu, Piri HUR 0 0 $1,553,250

Round 1 team freeze occurs in 7:48 hrs:min
Nice balanced look to your team. I've jizzed away most of my money on McCaw & 3 backs who kick.

McAlister a bit of a risk tho? I heard he was doubtful starter?

Blaze

Banned
BoyBrumby said:
Nice balanced look to your team. I've jizzed away most of my money on McCaw & 3 backs who kick.

McAlister a bit of a risk tho? I heard he was doubtful starter?
McCaw doesn't tend to score heavily in this competition so I didn't bother with him.

I haven't heard anything on McAlister, hope he starts!

Yes I could have picked a 3rd kicker instead of Weepu but Weepu makes lots of tackles and breaks a few as well.

Blaze

Banned
marc71178 said:
At least my team matched one of yours!
Marc, I had a look at your squad. If your interested I have a couple of quick suggestions for you.

Get rid of the following players
Palu, Wycliff
Kefu, Steve

Neither are playing in the weekend.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Blaze said:
I haven't heard anything on McAlister, hope he starts!
Here's what Planet Rugby Say:

http://www.planet-rugby.com/Tournaments/Super_12/story_48870.shtml

"There is doubt about the fitness of Luke McAlister. Rua Tipoki is on standby to take over at inside centre (second five-eight) and Anthony Tuitavake will come onto the bench."

With only 7 players & McAlister $1.8+ it's a bit of a gamble! I was considering Giteau, but after the stomach bug that's ripping thru the Brumbies camp I thought better of it.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Blaze said:
Marc, I had a look at your squad. If your interested I have a couple of quick suggestions for you.

Get rid of the following players
Palu, Wycliff
Kefu, Steve

Neither are playing in the weekend.
All suggestions gratefully accepted!

Blaze

Banned
marc71178 said:
All suggestions gratefully accepted!
You might want to get rid of that prop you have got as well. (The South African guy who plays for the sharks). Props don't usually score highly, you are much better off getting a hooker or a lock (second rower).

Go to planetrugby.com for squad lists so you know that the guys you pick are playing!

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I'm more concerned with the site loading - it's not letting me in to replace a player so I've now only got 6 in so am invalid.

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i got my team in 5 minutes before the cut off, i dont even know who most of the players are so im not expecting to do very well...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
First week's results are up. I capture the early leadership from Blaze in second & confirmed League-head broncoman in third. Kudos to Percy Montgomery who weighed in with 78 of my points personally & whose brace bagged me 15 bonus points for two tries.

Marc's decision to play with six players seems to have backfired somewhat. :p

Overall place out of 15,704 in brackets.

1) The Fen Brumbies 208 (3183)
2) Blazers 191 (4980)
3) PSV Eindhoven 159 (8046)
4) Try Scoring Brumbies 158 (8113)
5) Glimt XI 84 (10943)
6) Rugby Foxes 23 (11092)
7) AA doesn't get it 0 (15448)