• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sportal Super 14 Fantasy League

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Come next Friday the pride of the southern hemisphere's Union players go head-to-head & us up here in the north can get all depressed about how good unheralded Kiwi players who're 4th or 5th in line for the ABs look. :D

Anyway Sportal are running a fantasy comp & each league needs 14 players or they'll be merged with random punters. I figure it's somehow more satisfying to compete with people I know (albeit virtually) than Joe Blow from Wellington/Durban/Sydney. The league I've been assigned to is: 970119. If anyone's game just enter this code when prompted. All are welcome to join. :)

http://super14dreamteam.sportal.com.au/

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
Will join in the next few days. And BB, you're the fanatsy king around here, top stuff.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Blaze said:
Brumby - We should do fantasyrugby.com as well. That is a really good one.
Is that the one Bryce did a league through last year? If you wanna start one you can count me in. :)

Cloete

International Captain
BoyBrumby said:
Is that the one Bryce did a league through last year? If you wanna start one you can count me in. :)
Yeah it's a much better one.

Sportal's League and Union competitions are far too basic. I don't really like picking forwards simply on their try scoring ability.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Cloete said:
Yeah it's a much better one.

Sportal's League and Union competitions are far too basic. I don't really like picking forwards simply on their try scoring ability.
Probably why a humble Pom managed to win last year's NRL fantasy league.... :whistling

But I know what you mean, I ended up picking players who weren't forwards at all as forwards 'cos they were more likely to score tries. I think I had John Morris & Paul Stephenson as forwards.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
steds said:
I can't believe I'm stooping this low...
Considering you're 3rd in the 6 Nations league & finished about 3rd bottom in the NRL one I think you're a closet Union fan myself! All this talk of "Saints this, Lyon that" is a smokescreen. Imbrace your inner ra-ra! :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bumperty-bump-bump!

Only 12 hours to go, 5 teams still needed....

Come on people, don't dream it, be it! Carpe that diem!! :p

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
We get another week to try and make the numbers up.

64 points for me, 54 of them from Montgomery - 10 from the other 21 players...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Another nudge for this. As Marc said, still not too late to join the CW league. With 14 rounds & 14 in the league the first week doesn't count for the league.

Come on Blaze, burkey, Tim & any other stray Union fans, click that link!! It's what Jesus (& by Jesus, I mean Dan Carter) would do! :D