• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2009 RU 6 Nations Fantasy Comp

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Matteh said:
Signed up today....i'm two weeks late so just aiming to not come last atm i guess :)
I think with the burkester's form being what it is you have a sporting chance of avoiding the spoon! :D

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
great round for me, Stringer, Hodgson and Thomas did it for me really but perhaps the biggest improvement was actually having players who were in thir sides!

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
anyway this starts up again this week here's what my team is at the moment.

Ibanez, Magne, Pelous (Fra), Corry(Eng), Easterby, O'Callaghan(Ire), Ma Bergemasco (Ita), AR Jones(Wal), Stringer(Ire), Hodgson, Lewsey, Cueto (Eng), O'driscoll (Ire), Fritz(Fra), Byrne(Wal)

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Looks pretty solid. I have to be honest & say that 'cos the comp doesn't differentiate between forward postions I went for 8 back-rowers on the grounds they're most likely to score.

Major changes for me this week: I've currently got Gareth Thomas (out for comp) & Heymans, Bonnaire & Voyce (all benched). If I was Heymans I'd be pretty galled (pardon the pun!) to be dropped; he scored 2 tries v The Micks & has been my top boy over the first 2 weeks apart from Charlie H.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
The 3rd week update is posted. The top 4 are still as you were, but Anna & Steds both climb above Simmy who slips down to 7th.

Matteh's unsurprisingly at the bottom after entering the comp 2 rounds late, but he's only 5 points behind the ailing burkey who's been in since the off! :p

1) Dale Brumby Entering Church Daily 179
2) Dave Richards Rod Hull's Emu XV 146
3) Marc Robbins AA does Rugby? 142
4) Craig Beevers Scaly Piscine XV 138
5) Anna Butler Butler's Beauties 132
6) Sean Bennett Two too many players 128
7) Sim Mahon Best of Brit 126
8) Jamee Gray Jamee's Egg Chasers 119
9) Tim Whelan The Last XV 96
10) Alex Crampton Vindscreen Vipers 79
11) Stephen Burke Xtreme XV 41
12) mat mitchell Matteh XV 36

simmy

International Regular
damn! I picked the team at the start and havent changed it....

I am falling! FAAAAALLLLLLINGGGG!!!!!!

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well a dire round for England, but a good one for marc who climbs into 2nd & narrows my lead considerably.

Steds & Simmy climb above Anna (ooer, missus! :D) & Matteh's late arrivals are now above Burkey's stragglers.

1) Dale Brumby Entering Church Daily 204
2) Marc Robbins AA does Rugby? 182
3) Dave Richards Rod Hull's Emu XV 176
4) Craig Beevers Scaly Piscine XV 167
5) Sean Bennett Two too many players 157
6) Sim Mahon Best of Brit 153
7) Anna Butler Butler's Beauties 153
8) Jamee Gray Jamee's Egg Chasers 146
9) Tim Whelan The Last XV 109
10) Alex Crampton Vindscreen Vipers 99
11) mat mitchell Matteh XV 54
12) Stephen Burke Xtreme XV 49

Anna

International Vice-Captain
hahahahaha dire week all round! I've pretty much given up now :mellow:

Last edited:

Anna

Er, excuse me- they only lost to Llanelli by one point (it was a very good match) & they beat Newcastle, so ner :p

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Final Table

Go me! Even managed to extend my lead in the final week. :D

The top 5 stayed as they were, but Anna & Jamee climb above Simmy into 6th & 7th respectively.

Ta to all who took part. :)

1) Dale Brumby Entering Church Daily 242
2) Marc Robbins AA does Rugby? 210
3) Dave Richards Rod Hull's Emu XV 205
4) Craig Beevers Scaly Piscine XV 202
5) Sean Bennett Two too many players 193
6) Anna Butler Butler's Beauties 182
7) Jamee Gray Jamee's Egg Chasers 175
8) Sim Mahon Best of Brit 170
9) Tim Whelan The Last XV 133
10) Alex Crampton Vindscreen Vipers 119
11) mat mitchell Matteh XV 83
12) Stephen Burke Xtreme XV 56

Anna

Yeah well, I was being optimistic that the up & coming youngsters would be given a go....Gareth Delve for example....but it didn't quite go to plan lol.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Back for 2007

Yep, it's that time of year when English Rugby fans polish up our excuses for getting whipped by smaller Celtic nations! If anyone fancies a bash at doing better than their national selectors I've set up a League again. Just go here:

http://scrum.fantasyleague.com

After you've registered to join the CW league click on the "Private League" link & enter the name "CW" and the League PIN "828". If you played last year you shouldn't even have to register again.

All welcome, the more the merrier, etc. :)