• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rugby Survey

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
Hoping to get to know the rugby fans better...

First Test (or provincial match) you can remember seeing:
Greatest match you've seen:
Best Test series you've seen:
Most memorable win:
Most painful loss:

Favourite player:
Greatest player you've seen:
Greatest side:
Greatest coach:
Greatest captain:
Best performance you've seen, individual and team:
Best performance against your home nation (or province), individual and team:
Most hated rival:
Most respected rival:
Player who's exit from the game was the biggest loss:

Add more if you like.

Lyell_Chris

U19 12th Man
A day game at carisbrook I think it was All Blacks vs South Africa
2002 crusaders vs waratahs, scoreline 96-17
2003 Tri-nations
2002 crusaders vs waratahs, scoreline 96-17
2003 world cup semi

Andrew Merhtens
2002 Crusaders
Robbie Deans
Rueben Thorne.....jj umm Buck Shelford
individual-Andrew Merhtens in the super 12 final in 2004 .Team-2002 crusaders vs waratahs, scoreline 96-17
individual-John Eales . Team-Munster
Auckland
South Africa
Jonah Lomu

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
First Test (or provincial match) you can remember seeing: ???
Greatest match you've seen: 2003 world cup final
Best Test series you've seen:
Most memorable win: 2003 world cup final
Most painful loss: 1999 semi final FRA vs NZ

Favourite player: Andrew Mertens
Greatest player you've seen: Andrew Mertens
Greatest side: NZ
Greatest coach: Graham Henry
Greatest captain: Bobby Skinstad
Best performance you've seen, individual and team: Jeff wilson tackeling joe roff i think in a tri nations match

Best performance against your home nation (or province), individual and team: -
Most hated rival: England
Most respected rival: SA
Player who's exit from the game was the biggest loss: Carlos Spencer

Blaze

Banned
First Test (or provincial match) you can remember seeing: World Cup Final 95 (for a game I was at NZ vs Argentina 97 at Athletic Park)
Greatest match you've seen: Wellington vs Canterbury 2000 NPC Final
Best Test series you've seen: NZ in South Africa 96
Most memorable win: Bledisloe in 96 at Athletic Park in the mud.
Most painful loss: John Eales kick to keep the Bledisloe in Aus at the stadium in Wellington

Favourite player: Christian Cullen
Greatest player you've seen: Christian Cullen
Greatest side: 95, 96, 97 All Blacks
Greatest coach: Laurie Mains
Greatest captain: Tana Umaga
Best performance you've seen, individual and team: Jonah Lomu against England 95 World Cup. Team the Crusaders come to mind when they beat the Waratahs by almost 100.
Best performance against your home nation (or province), individual and team: Wallabies in 2003 world cup, Can't think of a great individual performance against the All Blacks that stands out tbh.
Most respected rival: South Africa
Player who's exit from the game was the biggest loss: Christian Cullen

Add more if you like.[/QUOTE]

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Hoping to get to know the rugby fans better...

First Test (or provincial match) you can remember seeing: That match with the Gregan tackle on Wilson :ph34r:
Greatest match you've seen: 2003 World Cup Final
Best Test series you've seen: Last Australia/Lions tour (2002 i think)
Most memorable win: Australia's win against the All Blacks in Wellington 2001 (i think). It was the one with the John Eales kick at the end.
Most painful loss: 2003 World Cup Loss

Favourite player: Lote Tuqiri (ATM)
Greatest player you've seen: John Lomu
Greatest side: n/a
Greatest coach: Rod MacQueen
Greatest captain: John Eales
Best performance you've seen, individual and team: Jonny Wilkson 2003 WC
Best performance against your home nation (or province), individual and team: same as above
Most hated rival: All Blacks
Most respected rival: All Blacks
Player who's exit from the game was the biggest loss: I would say Lomu, but the All Blacks have replaced him well. So therefore John Eales, he kept our forwards on par with the rest of the world. Since his retirement we have steadly gone down to our current state. If Jonny doesn't come back full time for England soon, he could be a bigger loss.

ash chaulk

International Captain
First Test (or provincial match) you can remember seeing: WC final england
Greatest match you've seen: wc final england
Best Test series you've seen:wc england
Most memorable win: wc england
Most painful loss: nil

Favourite player: gregan
Greatest player you've seen: gregan
Greatest side: aus
Greatest coach: dunno
Greatest captain: gregan
Best performance you've seen, individual and team: aus win wc in england
Best performance against your home nation (or province), individual and team: france losing
Most hated rival: japan
Most respected rival: fiji
Player who's exit from the game was the biggest loss: wendall sailor

BoyBrumby

Englishman
First Test (or provincial match) you can remember seeing: England beating the US in the 1987 WC
Greatest match you've seen: Brive beating Leicester in the 1997 Heineken Cup Final at the old Cardiff Arms Park in. Christophe Laimaison was flawless @ 10 for Brive & they had a Polish flanker called Kacala who was amazing on the day. Leicester had a v strong team & had destroyed Toulouse (previous champs) in the Semi.
Best Test series you've seen: 1997 Lions tour to SA
Most memorable win: Gotta be 2003 & all that
Most painful loss: 1995 Semi when Lomu ran all over us. We’d just beaten the World Champs in the Quarters & had won the Grand Slam with a bit to spare, so we were no mugs. He destroyed us tho.

Favourite player: Currently, Richard Hill.
Greatest player you've seen: Michael Jones.
Greatest side: That I’ve seen live, the 1997 ABs.
Greatest coach: Carwyn James
Greatest captain: Jonno. Honourable mentions to W-J McBride & Sean Fitzpatrick too.
Best performance you've seen, individual and team: Individual – Lomu v us in 95 Semi; Team Argentina beating Ireland in the 1999 Quarter-Final play-off.
Best performance against your home nation (or province), individual and team: Individual – yep, Jonah again; team probably Oz crucifying us 76-0.
Most hated rival: France. Wales close second tho.
Most respected rival: NZ
Player who's exit from the game was the biggest loss: Tough one. I would say Jonno, but think he went out on his own terms at the zenith.

open365

International Vice-Captain

First Test (or provincial match) you can remember seeing:Leicester v Saracens in 1999 i think
Greatest match you've seen:Leicester V Stade Francais, european cup final 2002
Best Test series you've seen:England in Australasia 2003
Most memorable win:Leicester v Munster 2003 european cup final,the one with Neil Back's hand
Most painful loss:Leicester V Toulose 2004 european cup semi final

Favourite player:the one and only Martin Johnson
Greatest player you've seen:Jaco Van De Vesthazen,amazing utility back for Tigers
Greatest side:Current all blacks/Leicester in 2001/2
Greatest coach:Sir Clive
Greatest captain:Johno
Best performance you've seen, individual and team:Wilkinson's perfect 10 performance v Ireland 2003 i think/Dan Carter shred the lions
Best performance against your home nation (or province), individual and team:Munster v Leicester 2004 european cup semi,tigers get beat in their own back yard/Australia thrash England in 2004
Most hated rival:Allessan Tuilangi/that French flanker with the camo scrum hat
Most respected rival:Carlos Spencer
Player who's exit from the game was the biggest loss:Neil Back/Martin Johnson/Sir Clive

open365

Greatest match you've seen: Brive beating Leicester in the 1997 Heineken Cup Final at the old Cardiff Arms Park in. Christophe Laimaison was flawless @ 10 for Brive & they had a Polish flanker called Kacala who was amazing on the day. Leicester had a v strong team & had destroyed Toulouse (previous champs) in the Semi.
don't remind me... :puke:

Anna

First Test (or provincial match) you can remember seeing: The first match on TV I remember watching was England v Wales when I was about 6.....I seem to remember being confused as to why my Dad was shouting for Wales! (He got an U19 cap for them). The first live Test I watched was Eng v Italy in 2001 & club was Bristol v Bath the season Bristol were relegated (2002?).

Greatest match you've seen: 2003 RWC Final

Best Test series you've seen: Um....don't think I've watched many

Most memorable win: RWC Final, Bath v Gloucester Powergen Cup semi '04.

Most painful loss: No idea. Tend to blank out the bad matches :D

Favourite player: England- Danny Grewcock, Bath- Zak Feaunati, Other- Guess :D Ha, Dan Carter of course :p & not just because of the boxers I might add!!

Greatest player you've seen: Ooh, er......Think I've seen Martin Johnson a few times.

Greatest side: This current NZ team come pretty close

Greatest coach: John Connolly :D

Greatest captain: Johno

Best performance you've seen, individual and team: Individual: Jonny in RWC final; Live: Josh Lewsey's comeback match against Italy (2003?)- he scored a few tries & was absolutely on fire. Team (Not live for this one): England in RWC Final of course.

Best performance against your home nation (or province), individual and team: Individual: J de Beer for SA in RWC '99. Team: Er....can't think....

Most hated rival: George Gregan (will always remember Mike Tindall dumping him off the sideline in the RWC final :D )

Most respected rival: Dan Carter

Player who's exit from the game was the biggest loss: Tricky one.....Martin Johnson.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
First Test (or provincial match) you can remember seeing: First match I ever went to was Waikato v Bay of Plenty 1987. Waikato won 22-18 I think
Greatest match you've seen: At the ground - NZ v SA at Carisbrook earlier this year. On TV - NZ v Aus at Sydney, 2000.
Best Test series you've seen: 1996 NZ v South Africa/1992 NZ v Aus
Most memorable win: Otago beating the Springboks, 1994, on a day that was completely the opposite of what suited Otago's style.
Most painful loss: Pick a World Cup since 1987 and there's your answer.

Favourite player: Don't really have one anymore. It used to be Josh Kronfeld
Greatest player you've seen: Michael Jones
Greatest side: All Black team of the late 1980s - without peer
Greatest coach: Fred Allen
Greatest captain: Brian Lochore
Best performance you've seen, individual and team: Dan Carter v Lions in Wellington this year; NZ 43-6 over Aus at Athletic Park in 1996
Best performance against your home nation (or province), individual and team: 20 minutes of sublime rugby from France in 1999.
Most respected rival: Australia
Player who's exit from the game was the biggest loss: Jeff Wilson

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
First Test (or provincial match) you can remember seeing: would have been a Wallabies All blacks game many years ago i would think

Greatest match you've seen: 99 WC final between the Wallabies and Bok's

Best Test series you've seen: Bledisloe - Kefu's 2nd last one i think, cant remember the year

Most memorable win: WC semi Wallabies vs the Boks - Larkham with the long range drop goal

Most painful loss: 03 WC final

Favourite player:David Lyons and Lote Tiquiri

Greatest player you've seen: too hard to call

Greatest side: Wallabies

Greatest coach: Rod Macqueen

Greatest captain: John Eales

Best performance you've seen, individual and team: Roff in the last series vs the Lions.

Best performance against your home nation (or province), individual and team: All Blacks winning the Bledisloe was a good effort.

Most respected rival: All Blacks

Player who's exit from the game was the biggest loss: John Eales

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
First Test (or provincial match) you can remember seeing: Counties vs Canterbury NPC Final
Greatest match you've seen: Nzvs Wallabies when lomu won the game by scoring in the last mins
Best Test series you've seen: NZ smashing the lions
Most memorable win: Otago NPC final
win 1998
Most painful loss: World cup semi loss against wallabies 2003

Favourite player: Joe Rokococo
Greatest player you've seen: Probably Jeff Wilson
Greatest side: Otago NPC 1998
Greatest coach: Tony Gilbert\Graham Henry
Greatest captain: Tana
Best performance you've seen, individual and team: DC vs Lions and England vs Aussie World cup 03
Best performance against your home nation (or province), individual and team: France 1999 World cup
Most hated rival: Australia
Most respected rival:South Africa

PY

International Coach
Got to love the way most people appear to hate England the most out of all rivals. :D

ohtani's jacket

State Vice-Captain
First Test (or provincial match) you can remember seeing:
France vs. New Zealand, Rugby World Cup, 1987.
Greatest match you've seen: John Eales' final game, Sydney, 2001.
Best Test series you've seen: 1992 Bledisloe Series.
Most memorable win: Jonah's last minute try in Sydney, 2000, largely because of the misery of the '98 and '99 seasons.
Most painful loss: Either John Eales' penalty kick in Wellington, 2000, (where Kaplin wouldn't blow for full time), or Kefu's last minute try in Sydney, 2001.

Favourite player: Buck Shelford.
Greatest player you've seen: Either Michael Lynagh or David Campese.
Greatest side: '87-'89 All Blacks.
Greatest coach: Rod Macqueen.
Greatest captain: John Eales.
Best performance you've seen, individual and team: Best individual performances were Frank Bunce and Zinzan Brooke on the '96 tour to South Africa. Best team performance was NZ vs. Australia at Athletic Park, 1996.
Best performance against your home nation (or province), individual and team: Campo against NZ in the '91 World Cup semi-final. France against NZ in the second half of the '99 World Cup semi-final.
Most hated rival: England.
Most respected rival: Australia.
Player who's exit from the game was the biggest loss: John Schuster and Matthew Ridge switching to league.

Blaze

Banned
PY said:
Got to love the way most people appear to hate England the most out of all rivals. :D

It is your press that seals the deal for me. Oh and your players complaining to the ref every 5 seconds.