• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

British sports personality of the year

Hazza

U19 Cricketer
The British sports personality of the year is coming up soon. This is basically where the general public vote for their favourite personality in sport. Footballers, cricketers, althelites, sailors, anyone who has done something great sports-wise.

I was wondering who you'd nominate for your sports personality of the year. It doesn't have to be a british person, this is internationally. Maybe we could get a final 10, and then take a final vote to find who the CW sports personality is?

First 24 hours voting:

Current nominations
Andrew Flintoff- 9 votes
Shaun Murphy- 1 vote
Jamie Lyon- 1 vote
Andy Murray- 1 vote
Tatenda Taibu- 1 vote
Guus Hiddink- 1 vote
Makybe Diva- 2 votes
Jamee Gray- 1 vote

Last edited:

Chubb

International Regular
Flintoff. By miles, and obviously he's going to win it. It isn't going to happen, but I'd like Tatenda to win the International award for what he has done recently. I suspect that either Warne or Armstrong (who deserved to win it as often as he has) will win it.

Hazza

U19 Cricketer
This might just turn into a cricket player of the year thread, so i'll nominate Shaun Murphy, the snooker world champion.

Chubb

International Regular
Hazza said:
This might just turn into a cricket player of the year thread, so i'll nominate Shaun Murphy, the snooker world champion.
Personality? That arrogant little ***?

No, seriously, Murphy played astonishing snooker to win, but a snooker player will never win Sports Personality. Not now.

Hazza

U19 Cricketer
Chubb said:
Personality? That arrogant little ***?

No, seriously, Murphy played astonishing snooker to win, but a snooker player will never win Sports Personality. Not now.
Just hoping to get some votes that aren't cricketers...

BoyBrumby

Englishman
On a non-cricket front I guess Andy Murray? Even Fat Frank (Lampard), who's been consistently huge for Chelski & England.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Did Shaun Murphy win the WSC? Jees, I wasn't paying attention last April...

Er, Fred. Or failing that, Vaughaney.

Chubb

International Regular
Hazza could you please change my vote to Tatenda Taibu.

Neil, don't worry. Someone once said that being good at snooker is a sign of a mispent youth and liking watching it is a sign of wasted revision time before your exams!

Hazza

U19 Cricketer
Chubb said:
Hazza could you please change my vote to Tatenda Taibu.

Neil, don't worry. Someone once said that being good at snooker is a sign of a mispent youth and liking watching it is a sign of wasted revision time before your exams!
No problem

I play loads of snooker and I find it really enjoyable, and my test results aren't too bad either! :p

Hazza said:
The British sports personality of the year is coming up soon. This is basically where the general public vote for their favourite personality in sport. Footballers, cricketers, althelites, sailors, anyone who has done something great sports-wise.

I was wondering who you'd nominate for your sports personality of the year. It doesn't have to be a british person, this is internationally. Maybe we could get a final 10, and then take a final vote to find who the CW sports personality is?

Current nominations
Andrew Flintoff- 4 votes
Shaun Murphy- 1 vote
Jamie Lyon- 1 vote
Andy Murray- 1 vote
Tatenda Taibu- 1 vote
Yep Freddie i would say :wacko:

Chubb

International Regular
Hazza said:
No problem

I play loads of snooker and I find it really enjoyable, and my test results aren't too bad either! :p
I like watching snooker a lot, but I've never played it. I can't even play pool.