• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

British sports personality of the year

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
For going 0-151 down quickly, yup. :D

No one Norwegian deserves it (possibly apart from Marit Bjørgen), so I'll fifth Freddie.
There's got to be some worthy Norwegian sportsman - possibly a mackerel fisherman, or a salmon fisherman, or perhaps even a grayling fisherwoman. Remember, the sports personality of the year doesn't have to ALWAYS be to do with haddock.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Samuel_Vimes said:
For going 0-151 down quickly, yup. :D
Ohhhhh, so that's where I've been going wrong?
Not sure I can stop it though, it sort of grows on you. Look how used to it the West Indians are.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Andrew Flintoff for season 2005:
Tests: 402 runs @ 40.2, 33 wickets @ 24.03
ODI's: 202 runs @ 28.85, 14 wickets @ 28

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Chubb said:
I like watching snooker a lot, but I've never played it. I can't even play pool.
I can't play either particularly well at all... I'm still just about capable of beating my little brother, but my tendency is to go from the sublime to thr ridiculous in the space of a shot. Very good at missing blacks over pockets, usually followed by Peter Reid-like volleys of abuse at cue/table/chalk/cushion/brother...

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Makybe Dive - She may have a head like a horse, but I think she has an awesome personality...and she's a stayer!

howardj

International Coach
Langeveldt said:
Wrong, I think we've just found the moron of the year.. Thankfully plenty of miles away!
Likewise, I think anyone with 14 000 posts......well, it kind of speaks for itself.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
It's back.

Nominate Paul Wellens, people!! Man of Steel, Player's Player of the Year, RL Writers Player of the Year, Harry Sunderland Trophy winner, MOM in GB's biggest Test win in God knows how long.
Never going to win it, but desperately deserves to be at least in the shortlist of 10, which is unlikely itself because of our ****ing media. Deserves it more than any of cricket's candidates. Get to work.

Last edited: